Difference between these BSNL plans ?

Standalone plans are for BB only while Combo plans combine combine BB+LL tarrifs i.e. will provide some free calls along with BB data limit.

In standalone plan you would have to pay a rent of ~Rs.120 per month on top of the BB tarrif ;) You will saved from that if you opt for combo plans.

DarkAngel said:
In standalone plan you would have to pay a rent of ~Rs.120 per month on top of the BB tarrif ;) You will saved from that if you opt for combo plans.

Okkk...

So if I go for the standalone plan BBG700, I would pay Rs. 820 (Rs. 700 + Rs. 120) and get 8 GB limit at 2MBPS. (not sure if any free calls though)

And if I go for the combo plan BBG FN Combo 599, I would pay Rs. 599 and get 4 GB limit at 512 KBPS. (but also get 250 free calls)

or if I need more speed, the plan BBG FN Combo 600, I would pay Rs. 600 and get 2.5 GB at 2 MBPS (with 250 free calls)

:mad: Makes it hard to decide :huh:

If anybody can help...it will be mostly used by my parents. Dad checks his e-mail once or twice a week...streaming videos sometimes, and also VoIP

Should streaming video / VoIP be OK at 512 kbps ?

Go for the Rs.600 plan. It has night free. ie., 2AM - 8AM unlimited DL :D So you can pretty much download everything you need from morning ~6AM - 8AM @ 2Mbps!

I also prefer faster speed, well everyone does. But not over Quota. As I want peace of mind and want to download or watch anything anytime.

Well, you can opt for pay as use plan for LL as I guess you hardly will be using LL. Or opt for Sulabh plans, you don't need to pay anything and you can't call. Calls will be blocked.

And then opt for 750UL @ 512kbps.

I'm using the same. I'm not on sulabh plan, so call is open on mine. But I locked the phone using lock codes so no one can call even by hooking. So either way I'm not getting charged for phone.

vivek.krishnan said:
Get at least a 1Mbps plan, IMO, and should not burn a big hole in your pocket. 512 will not be enough, and 2 will be great.

If you look at their websites above, they dont offer any 1 MBPS

Its either (upto) 512 Kbps or (upto) 2 MBPS.... even a couple of unlimited plans at 256 !!

I guess if I go for 2 MBPS, I will atleats get 1 anyway !

You can check ULD1350 plan. 4mbps until 20gb and then it is 512kbps. I get 20% discount aswell as my dad is a govt employee. So i end up paying Rs 1080. Works out well for me. I think this is a decent plan from BSNL even for Rs 1350.

Back