Buying MacBook Pro makes sense?

nOeRn.png

and your point being ?

Use
41JPaj1NbQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They all use similar hardware, so when it comes to reliability(in terms of hardware) which people relate to apple products should give it a second thought !!

Your reply itself has the answer. They all use similar hardware.

LCDs are manufactured by NEC,Samsung,LG same displays used by others

HDDs are manufactured by WD,seagate,toshiba,hitachi same Hdds used by others

Optical drives are manufactured by TSST / LGP and same odds are used by others

Batteries are made by Sanyo.Sony and same are used by others

CPU / GPU same chips just that the motherboards there use firmware instead of bios and the Motherboard manufacturer is the same Foxxcon

Memories are made by mushkin/samsung ....samsung rams are used in other machines as well well

All use the same hardware, but there is a difference between BMW and maruti 800.. Afterall all engines consumes petrol/diesal/cng and made of same/more or less same material... Same clutch/gear.. blah blah blah.. It's one's own wish to go for BMW or Maruti 800

Same goes with Chicks... Same hardware but at the end of the day, how it assembled and performs matters buddy
123.gif

I prefer one which is molded and performs better.. Anyday will choose BMW a.k.a Apple
happy55.gif

All use the same hardware, but there is a difference between BMW and maruti 800.. Afterall all engines consumes petrol/diesal/cng and made of same/more or less same material... Same clutch/gear.. blah blah blah.. It's one's own wish to go for BMW or Maruti 800

Same goes with Chicks... Same hardware but at the end of the day, how it assembled and performs matters buddy
123.gif

I prefer one which is molded and performs better.. Anyday will choose BMW a.k.a Apple
happy55.gif

Wow, a Maruti 800 with a 4.4L V8? Where can I buy one?

What he's saying is that all components are not similar, but identical. There's not a single part in the whole Macbook that is made by Apple. Laptops are manufactured using exactly the same materials by exactly the same people (Pegatron). In my opinion, metal alloys are technically and thermally poor ideas for laptops, and the first generation ultrabooks are thus disappointing. The ultrabooks that are superior to Macbook Air are more expensive and unavailable in India, the ones that are have their issues and aren't that much cheaper, so Macbook Air is still overall the best choice in the ultrabook market if you can live with OS X. I am looking forward to the next generation ultrabooks which will bring in fibreglass chassis. Sony Vaio Z/2 is the absolute champion as far as build is concerned with its amazing carbon fibre chassis (the same material used to build things like spacecrafts and F1 cars). Fibreglass brings much of the advantages of carbon fibre at a fraction of cost. If the OP is most interested in build quality, look out for fibreglass laptops coming soon.

Wow, a Maruti 800 with a 4.4L V8? Where can I buy one?

What he's saying is that all components are not similar, but identical. There's not a single part in the whole Macbook that is made by Apple. Laptops are manufactured using exactly the same materials by exactly the same people (Pegatron). In my opinion, metal alloys are technically and thermally poor ideas for laptops, and the first generation ultrabooks are thus disappointing. The ultrabooks that are superior to Macbook Air are more expensive and unavailable in India, the ones that are have their issues and aren't that much cheaper, so Macbook Air is still overall the best choice in the ultrabook market if you can live with OS X. I am looking forward to the next generation ultrabooks which will bring in fibreglass chassis. Sony Vaio Z/2 is the absolute champion as far as build is concerned with its amazing carbon fibre chassis (the same material used to build things like spacecrafts and F1 cars). Fibreglass brings much of the advantages of carbon fibre at a fraction of cost. If the OP is most interested in build quality, look out for fibreglass laptops coming soon.

macbook pro and macbook air is boss in build quality.fibreglass may or may not be better but that is for another time and the smart money at the moment is them not being as good in design.currently macbook air has stole the market partially because of design but mainly because of osx and its easier integration.people who are using iPad's and iPhone's find the mac in a similar zilch and thus go for it.

performance is a wide spectrum which depends on a buyer's needs.

i always think that whatever choice you make with regards to a laptop or a portable device should be related to the os.i find the mac osx to be better suited to the applications i use and the work i do.

will a windows laptop with a higher configuration give me better performance in my daily tasks? no.macbook pro's are the current king in the laptop market and that is more credit to osx then some people would like to give.

ps- according to a private conversation with the op it seems he has already decided what he wants and it seems moot for us to discuss and bicker further!

. Sony Vaio Z/2 is the absolute champion as far as build is concerned with its amazing carbon fibre chassis (the same material used to build things like spacecrafts and F1 cars). Fibreglass brings much of the advantages of carbon fibre at a fraction of cost. If the OP is most interested in build quality, look out for fibreglass laptops coming soon.

Champion!My as$!!That freakishly expensive laptop has the worst possible hinge,it simply slides down when kept over a slightly inclined surface.

You call this build like champion!?

Champion!My as$!!That freakishly expensive laptop has the worst possible hinge,it simply slides down when kept over a slightly inclined surface.

You call this build like champion!?

Sent from the new iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just one question mate,

Which is the blessed company,you are working for now?

BTW you missed out on Sony in your former employer's list!

I am sure you have worked for them too.

Sent from the new iPad using Tapatalk HD

I havent worked for Sony / MSI/ACER Either !!! Which company im working for now isnt something i would disclose in this public forum ... But rest assured im still working with one of the 4 companies i mentioned from past 5 years and happy!!

and just so you know Apple/Lenovo is outsourced to Aditya birla miniacs my very first company!!

Are you a HR analyst by any chance ?? or a wanna be ?

<rant>

I am sure someone at the Defexpo would help me get some nukes or some of the many many many lethal missiles displayed here. The delivery system won't be an issue, I can take my pick with so many manufacturers vying for attention and then launch them towards every known apple store, Apple factories and Apple's HQ and blow them all to oblivion! As for apple fanbois I am sure we might find something nice to take you down and blow you to kingdom come! No more apple threads and the world has been rid of an evil!

</rant>

<rant>

I am sure someone at the Defexpo would help me get some nukes or some of the many many many lethal missiles displayed here. The delivery system won't be an issue, I can take my pick with so many manufacturers vying for attention and then launch them towards every known apple store, Apple factories and Apple's HQ and blow them all to oblivion! As for apple fanbois I am sure we might find something nice to take you down and blow you to kingdom come! No more apple threads and the world has been rid of an evil!

</rant>

<rant>

</rant>

How old are you?

<rant>

</rant>

do your mommy and daddy know that you have their laptop?

How old are you?

old and smart enough to avoid sh!t peddled by apple! Unlike you, I am not delusional!

How old are you?

old and smart enough to avoid sh!t peddled by apple! Unlike you, I am not delusional!

How old are you?

What? steve jobs hasn't got an app out that qualifies you to laugh at jokes? notice the "rant" sign? that was a sarcastic remark. damn i forgot he's dead! no one to guide you sheep now!

What? steve jobs hasn't got an app out that qualifies you to laugh at jokes? notice the "rant" sign? that was a sarcastic remark. damn i forgot he's dead! no one to guide you sheep now!

eh? sorry i dont laugh at the thought of people getting nuked.

How old are you?

What? steve jobs hasn't got an app out that qualifies you to laugh at jokes? notice the "rant" sign? that was a sarcastic remark. damn i forgot he's dead! no one to guide you sheep now! Btw how many tantrums did you throw before your mummy/daddy bought all these apple products?

1. 24/7 Downloading - Good luck keeping the MBP on 24/7. Those things heat up mad mad when the lid is shut and if used 24/7. Your battery will also die out pretty fast

2. There is no HDMI - Using MiniDisplay to HDMI will only transfer the Picture. NO AUDIO!

I am sorta in the same boat as you. Have started detesting PC Laptops. Unfortunately so far this (MBP) seems like the only alternative.

i have a macbook pro 2010 13" and it doesn't heat up. under mac os x it heats up even less. all minidp from 2010 onwards transfer audio via hdmi adaptor.

to op:

you should wait for ivy bridge. the macbook pro design hasn't been refreshed since 2008 hence the chances of a design refresh are very high. even though ivy bridge isn't that much of an update from sandybridge, apple may make ssds standard on all laptops. i suggest u wait and see. only 2 months to go.

while i like my macbook pro very much, its already slower than many sandybridge based pentiums out there.

Back