Brainwavz M4 available at 60% off for $28 (Standard Price is $69.50)

Sad :(

When did you submit the invoice ?

Had told you earlier right. on saturday. Anyways it's doesn't matter i think it was cleared together for all now once they got a hold on what's the package value in actuals.
Anybody wanted a mic version and wishes to swap please let me know.

I ordered for a mic version...
If it comes the other way...definitely will....

My major preference is the mic....

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

BTW, any other peoples tracking changed...
Mine still struck in 14th jun

^^only once the tracking status changes to 'sent to domestic location' then you would get it on that day or the next day. Mine was updated for 27th june at 11:00AM. I went to post office and collected it personally.

I even requested for opening the parcel infront of them after i agreed to pay customs and i was only going to check if contents are present or not and if not i would require ony a witness and a letter of proof that i haven't received the contents so that i could claim a replacement from the site. They disagreed and told me bluntly there are only two options - Take it or we'll send it back. :mad:

@thirumalkumaran It doesn't work that way. If the address is bangalore then only bangalore customs has authority. Chennai customs would simply stamp it cleared and pass it forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
the first impression i got out of m4 is that , the guitar sounds awesome !!
i have used ep 630 then pl 30 then this ..
but i find my left earpiece a little sounding than right .. but only on guitars ,
no any serious problem though , i forget this while listening ..

overall i'm impressed , used this with my sansa clip + , and MAN , sansa clip + and m4's sound better than my laptop+m4 , lol
a little less sound than pl 30+sansa , but enough to get rocking ..

will write a review soon , till then , i'm enjoying...... this effing song..
Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache - YouTube

What if my give my fathers/My address in chennai...?

Mate it's not like that. If you give chennai address. Authority holds with Chennai customs and they would act accordingly. Since in current case address was Bangalore so only Bangalore customs can levy duties, clearance. Since package arrived at Chennai it was simply forwarded to Bangalore customs.

I liked the sound; though none of the tips fits me perfectly(As I expected from past experience). The foam one gives the best fit; but than I loose high freq a bit. It would have been better if they come with more foam tips (L and M).

Initial expression is that I liked the sound; I prefer good treble and clarity of sound and I can find that OOTB. For me mids are fine and the bass is Okay but not great. Overall I liked the sound.

The aluminium mesh at one side is ready to come out; as many guys are seeing this; I'll say bad quality control. It seems easy to fix though.

it took me some time to get the comply tips fitted , lol
it was looking like it wont fit at all !!

plus the mesh on one side is closer to end , on the other earpiece is far away ..

Received mine too today, got hit by customs of ~500 (Postman didnt give back Rs. 2 :bleh:)
Customs Duty Rs.468 + PF (Postal Forwarding ??) Rs.30 = Rs.498

Very initial impressions:
Listened to them on Sansa Fuze at -23dB. The drivers show a lot of flex; I wonder if that is due to the large vent ports at the back of the housing.

Bass - Inoffensive. There's a slight emphasis on Bass, but it doesn't sound boomy normally. If the track is bass heavy, Bass can get boomy.
Mids - Inoffensive. They manage to hold on well, without being eclipsed by bass
Treble - A wee bit grainy.
Overall - Inoffensive. Overall, the sound signature is mildly bass-emphasized, but with clear presentation in mids & treble. As some here have mentioned, it doesn't exactly excite you, but it also manages not to offend.

Ear Tips:
These came with 1 pair of Comply S Tips, and 6 pairs of single flanged Silicon tips: Narrow nozzle and Wide nozzles in 3 sizes.

The wide nozzle tips gave a more intimate soundstage; I'll probably continue using them only.

The narrow nozzle and Comply tips seemed to move me back a few rows from the presentation, and had a wee less intimate soundstage.

Cable:
These are supposed to be tangle free as per the rear packaging, but mine refuse to leave their twistings acquired by sitting in the Hard Case.

VFM:
At their discounted price ($28, ~1.7k), they're very good VFM. Once Customs pushes them above 2k, they don't make such a strong case for VFM. They certainly aren't worth the moolah at their normal price of $70.

Wishlist:
Bi-flanged tips instead of the narrow nozzles would have been a better option as the Comply tips have same effect as the narrow nozzles. Ear-guides would have been great.

The 30 bucks is for the Letter that they sent us .

I finally got my letter today so I think I will receive the Earphones on Monday only.

Here is my friends Story:
He ordered 2 M4, one M4 In-Ear Headphones with headset (Amazon.com: Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones with headset for iPhone/iPad/iPod & Smartphones: Electronics) and another M4 In-Ear ordered via Amazon.com for $28 each and one of his friend delivered to him today who came from US.
Now M4 with Mic. is not compatible with Sony Ericsson Xpera Ray (Android 4.0.4), and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman (Android 2.3.6). its says accessory is not compatible. We checked with iphone 4 and Samsung Galaxy and its working fine.
M4 without Mic. is working fine with all the mobile phones.

No options left he is planning to sell one.

My very short view about these IEMs would be that they are brilliant for trance. The bass is perfect. Not overpowering yet still there. Mids and highs are very clear and non irritatingly bright.
Unlike M2s my ears don't hurt after hearing it for too long.

Noise cancelation is very good. Sadly only 2 ear tips fit my ears without falling.
The foam ones and the smallest size with the wider hole. Need to get better foam tips I think.

I do not know why people are complaining about the lack of bass, it's there an my ears can feel it pretty well. I you don't like the bass in this one you need M2s.

I'd rate them 4.5/5. Half a Point taken for the cable in mic edition, while thick, not as good looking or good feeling as the one that comes with the non mic version.

My M2s are now my backup IEMs. These take over as primary.

Worth every buck.

Again, I must say I'm having a lot of fun listening to ASOT on M4s :D

Current song: Vengeance Vengeance by Leon Bolier

Glad that you like them! I also possess oth the m4 and m2, and I am surprised tat tyou have the m4 as the primary one as I love my m2 so much over the m4s... Just shows how *subjective* sound is! M2s are more intimate iems, with less soundstage but clearer mids and punchier bass than the m4. Yes, the m4 is more laid back and lets you listen for long periods of time.
My very short view about these IEMs would be that they are brilliant for trance. The bass is perfect. Not overpowering yet still there. Mids and highs are very clear and non irritatingly bright.
Unlike M2s my ears don't hurt after hearing it for too long.

Noise cancelation is very good. Sadly only 2 ear tips fit my ears without falling.
The foam ones and the smallest size with the wider hole. Need to get better foam tips I think.

I do not know why people are complaining about the lack of bass, it's there an my ears can feel it pretty well. I you don't like the bass in this one you need M2s.

I'd rate them 4.5/5. Half a Point taken for the cable in mic edition, while thick, not as good looking or good feeling as the one that comes with the non mic version.

My M2s are now my backup IEMs. These take over as primary.

Worth every buck.

Again, I must say I'm having a lot of fun listening to ASOT on M4s :D

Current song: Vengeance Vengeance by Leon Bolier

Back