Laptops BIOS Issue - Samsung

n1tesh

Disciple
I think I messed up with my BIOS after installing OS X on my laptop.
Now when I press F2 BIOS menu does not pop up.

Any solution for this ? Shall I try resetting BIOS ?

Laptop:- Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN

I dont think OS X has anything to do with the BIOS. Also, have you tried the other keys - F10/12/DEL? Also, if you cant get into the BIOS how are you going to reset it?

I dont think OS X has anything to do with the BIOS. Also, have you tried the other keys - F10/12/DEL? Also, if you cant get into the BIOS how are you going to reset it?
We have to do BIOS setting like AHCI/UEFI and all in BIOS to install OS X. And yeah i have tried all other keys.
I am talking about BIOS reset by motherboard method.

We have to do BIOS setting like AHCI/UEFI and all in BIOS to install OS X. And yeah i have tried all other keys.
I am talking about BIOS reset by motherboard method.

I agree, you need to set the BIOS settings to get the hackintosh working. However, whatever you do, should not have any effect on the entering of the BIOS.

Kindly illuminate BIOS reset by motherboard method. Because, the question is, are you going to open it.

I agree, you need to set the BIOS settings to get the hackintosh working. However, whatever you do, should not have any effect on the entering of the BIOS.

Kindly illuminate BIOS reset by motherboard method. Because, the question is, are you going to open it.

Yeah thinking of opening it if there is no other option.
I tried to update my BIOS but it is the latest ver. so update not possible.
Any way to re-install it ?

On some laptops you need hold certain keys and then you get to enter in bios.
Also, try hitting the pause/break key on power on and play with it until you get something on screen.

Try, F1/F2/F4/F6/F8/F9/F12 and Del keys. One of these should definitely work. Or best refer to the manual and see the bios or troubleshooting section.

Last resort, contact CC.

Opening your laptop isnt recommended esp. if its under warranty. And also if not then too it can be risky if you have no exposure in this regards.

Yeah thinking of opening it if there is no other option.
I tried to update my BIOS but it is the latest ver. so update not possible.
Any way to re-install it ?

Yes. I cannot confirm for Samsung laptops, but for HP laptops, a FAT32 USB pen drive with a specific file name is checked before booting as a failsafe for BIOS corruption. This overwrites the BIOS, so if there is such a way for your laptop, you can do it.

On some laptops you need hold certain keys and then you get to enter in bios.
Also, try hitting the pause/break key on power on and play with it until you get something on screen.

Try, F1/F2/F4/F6/F8/F9/F12 and Del keys. One of these should definitely work. Or best refer to the manual and see the bios or troubleshooting section.

Last resort, contact CC.

Opening your laptop isnt recommended esp. if its under warranty. And also if not then too it can be risky if you have no exposure in this regards.

For Samsung laptop its F2. I use to get BIOS menu before installing OS X.
I think I messed up with the UEFI Mode.[DOUBLEPOST=1404108054][/DOUBLEPOST]I can see the BIOS screen saying press F2 when laptop starts but when I press F2 nothing happens. Even F4 which is for recovery is not working.

Well...remove mac and try windows as before and then check. Its weird that after installing a certain OS bios isnt accessible.

Well...remove mac and try windows as before and then check. Its weird that after installing a certain OS bios isnt accessible.

Tried. Still can't boot into BIOS menu

I think BIOS reset by motherboard/CMOS method is the only option left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back