PC Peripherals Benefits of branded PSU?

BF1983 said:
@OP - I really feel for you. You were using a cheap PSU and now you spent 5k for a better PSU but it turns out its not a great PSU either. :(

But take heart. Its definitely MUCH better than your old PSU. :)
Thank you frnd.

I was happy with how this thread was ending, until there was a twist.

@Ameet148
Cooler Master 650W Real Power Pro (the review you linked) is different from Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 650W (what you bought).
It is still better than your earlier PSU.

btw, that pin is Uk standard, where the earth pin is on the socket itself. You can use a regular power cable of Indian standard power, ie the regular 3 pin one instead of the one bundled by the PSU.

dOm1naTOr said:
btw, that pin is Uk standard, where the earth pin is on the socket itself. You can use a regular power cable of Indian standard power, ie the regular 3 pin one instead of the one bundled by the PSU.
I've done that.I hope it's safer now.

Mate, usually dealers allow you to return stuff within 3 days of buying, especially if you'll be buying a replacement from the same dealer itself. Why don't you give him a call and ask if that can be done? Then go in for a Seasonic or Corsair unit? There should be little loss of money here if the dealer cooperates.

arun687 said:
Mate, usually dealers allow you to return stuff within 3 days of buying, especially if you'll be buying a replacement from the same dealer itself. Why don't you give him a call and ask if that can be done? Then go in for a Seasonic or Corsair unit? There should be little loss of money here if the dealer cooperates.
Frnd people here in Bhubaneswar Orissa are pretty orthodox about IT.They do whatever the other does.Here nearly nobody uses a good brand PSU,all of them use local brand,for them a PSU costing more than 600 bugs is too much,they would say,"what man a cabinet is available @ 800 bucks and you are selling a SMPS for 650 bucks".Thats why no demand no supply.

Even the cooler master that I bought was somebody else's order.But the seller gave it to me.Here IT is doomed.You will not even find a good GFX card here.

The reason I bought locally and not online cuz my dad forced me to do it.

^ I see. I notice that the dealers here in Mumbai too seem to push Coolermaster Extreme Series as a very high end and high quality PSU. Anyway, hope the PSU serves you well. :)

Back