Beam Fiber upgrades Tariff plans

swatkats

Skilled
Update: FUP now includes both Download and upload. Gone are the days for Seeders.

Beam Upgraded Speeds on its Present plans yet again. 60% more FUP is being offered on Plans above 999 .
Plans applicable from Today!
- 1660 Plan is Discontinued and users on that plan have been upgraded to 25mbps will be Getting extra 30Gb which totals FUP to 70Gb.
- 12.36% Tax is Being Billed Separately.

Pq8SMzt.jpg

Final Price Including Tax:
1mbps - Rs.449
4mbps - Rs.674
15mbps - Rs.1122
50mbps (100Gb FUP) - Rs.2808
50mbps (200Gb FUP) - Rs.3145

Last edited:
Feel like organising a campaign to mass bombard these ISP for not getting their services on a pan India basis.
That Bmax 999 shd have been standardized in India as the basic plan long ago.

Sigh.. oh well. Congrats to other guys.

I was informed about this Speed Upgrade but initially i thought all the plans would be like ACT Broadband. A lot better than ACT broadband plans.

Beam Upgraded Speeds on its Present plans yet again. 60% more FUP is being offered on Plans above 999 .
Plans applicable from Today!
- 1660 Plan Discontinued.

12.36% Tax is Being Billed Separately.

Pq8SMzt.jpg

Final Price Including Tax:
1mbps - Rs.449
4mbps - Rs.674
15mbps - Rs.1123
50mbps (100gb FUP) - Rs.2808
50mbps (200Gb FUP) - Rs.3745

Why is the 50Mbps cost shown in the table much lesser than the final price. I understand that service tax has not yet been added but that is only 12% which makes it around 3.1k. Why is it 3745?

Oops typo. 3145 it is.

Couple of things came to my mind when i was analysing these plans.
- I was actually calculating the Per GB cost. Its way less than Rs.10/GB, If i assume 6mbps at 1500; then 6.5/gb * 200 = 1300Rs; 1500+1300 = 2.8k
- Pioneer Broadband & Excell Broadband were Expanding throughout Hyderabad who could be a threat to them.
- Their plan name Hypersonic Counters Airtel's 40mbps Ultrasonic.

:( I am still paying 1235/- for 1mbps which goes down every few days :(
sigh.....
Why cant these companies come to pune...... we can pay them double the price they are charging you now..... I am sure many other puneties will agree.....

I don't miss beam at all. Currently I'm downloading around 350/gb a month. Calcutta is a nice place for broadband. Alliance doesn't disappoint - and no FUP.

Sister company. But the management is different

Seriously i want to try out 50mbps ASAP. But my Budget is limited to 1500 For Broadband.
Recently changed cities from Hyderabad to Bangalore, now really missing Beam /ACT. The best ISP in my area is Airtel. As my company is paying upto 2k for the BB, I asked them about their 16 and above plans (thinking of sharing the bill between company and me :p) They couldn't do it. The best they had on ASDL was 8mpbs. So stuck with a plan with 8mbps/60gb for 1349 + taxex (still better than some guys for whom Airtel refuses to change the plan and are stuck on 4mbps/30gb - really old plan for the same price or even worse 8mbps/20GB for FTTH sites).

The best they had on ASDL was 8mpbs. So stuck with a plan with 8mbps/60gb for 1349 + taxex (still better than some guys for whom Airtel refuses to change the plan and are stuck on 4mbps/30gb - really old plan for the same price or even worse 8mbps/20GB for FTTH sites).
I am Surprised to know that you've left Hyderabad. Anyways I hope you Get ACT in your area. Many people whom i know from Bangalore are waiting for ACT but they are Being confronted by LCO's in almost every area.

I am Surprised to know that you've left Hyderabad. Anyways I hope you Get ACT in your area. Many people whom i know from Bangalore are waiting for ACT but they are Being confronted by LCO's in almost every area.
Well I was searching for a job for quite sometime. Got an great opportunity in Bangalore, grabbed with both hands and ran. Now missing Beam, somehow for an IT city Bangalore lacks net options. There are places where even Airtel doesnt dare, so while searching for a house had to think of "good" net connectivity as a requirement. :p

:( I am still paying 1235/- for 1mbps which goes down every few days :(
sigh.....
Why cant these companies come to pune...... we can pay them double the price they are charging you now..... I am sure many other puneties will agree.....

You can go for YOU broadband 12 Mbps for 1212 Rs per month, upto 25 GB and then 1 Mbps for the rest of month. If YOU is available in your area that is.

These plans are still good compared to MTNL and their disconnections.
I don't miss beam at all. Currently I'm downloading around 350/gb a month. Calcutta is a nice place for broadband. Alliance doesn't disappoint - and no FUP.

What do you download?I think because people do this, that's why fup comes in the first place ,so i think you should expect fup too.

What do you download?I think because people do this, that's why fup comes in the first place ,so i think you should expect fup too.

So my ISP should implement an FUP cause you think so? :rofl:

Plus, most of the files are on the peering network, so in essence I'm not leeching anything from 'the internet'.

These plans are still good compared to MTNL and their disconnections.

What we do with the internet is our business and ISPs should not give stupid justifications like people download movies and all so put FUP.
Say i am watching movies all day on legit websites like Youtube or bigflix, then i am not doing anything illegal right ?
Why do you think companies like Netflix and such will never come to India, all because of FUP stuff. Bigflix has ventured into the online streaming (like netflix) but i feel they will be shut down soon because they might not get lot of users.

You can go for YOU broadband 12 Mbps for 1212 Rs per month, upto 25 GB and then 1 Mbps for the rest of month. If YOU is available in your area that is.
Called them. Last year they did not have service in the area I stayed. But now I have shifted to my own place. Lets see if I am lucky here.
The irony is just 250 meters from my place TATA/Airtel/You/ Hathway all have presence but no one wants to cross the road and come to my area :(
I was hoping ACT would come to Pune or the LCO would introduce good plans at reasonable rates but none of that happened. The LCO is charging same as Pacenet(which I am currently using) and Sify has stopped retail business and cater only to corporate/enterprises.
ACT/ BEAM guys if you are listening..... If you are coming to Pune I can provide you a place to setup :p

What we do with the internet is our business and ISPs should not give stupid justifications like people download movies and all so put FUP.
Say i am watching movies all day on legit websites like Youtube or bigflix, then i am not doing anything illegal right ?
Why do you think companies like Netflix and such will never come to India, all because of FUP stuff. Bigflix has ventured into the online streaming (like netflix) but i feel they will be shut down soon because they might not get lot of users.

Not really. America also has FUP. All Netflix has to do is tie up with the broadband providers to not count any data streamed from their website. Airtel did it with Youtube for the 2nd edition of IPL IIRC.

But before they come, our broadband speed has to be redefined to 2 or 4Mbps. It currently sits at 512kbps.

Back