Laptops Asus Global Warranty

haider_up32 said:
^^in india ???...didnt they ask for bill ....they took 15-20 days to approve local bill
I had a freind at rashi who did it for me i had the usa bills and registered the product on their website

Yea well screw it, i got my order in.. will be here by the 25th!!

even paid $45 extra for the reseller to run a burn-in on it to make sure no manufacturing defects in any of the major components..

Hopefully this will be as solid as my 2.5 year old Toshiba X205 which i had also gotten from the US and hasn't failed me yet even once!

Meanwhile will mail Asus US about warranty, ASUS India is hopeless at replying to e-mails

AFAIK asus laptops definitely have global warranty. This question was once asked in the past on TE, then a guy called up asus helpline and confirmed the same. Answer was yes.

Yes, it will come with global warranty.
Unfortunately, its not on site warranty. Its carry in.
You will need to call Rashi or Neoteric Infomatique and take your laptop there yourself.
The usual laptop turnaround time is less than a week.

Thanks for the input shripad, but what you've describes is the procedure for a Asus notebook bought in India.

My query if specifically for a Asus notebook bought in the US.

As i had posted previously Asus describes the procedure on their site:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

But my major concern is:

1. Do i have to send the notebook to the Mumbai office or does the Delhi office do that for me?

2. If i have to send it, do they pay for the shipping?

3. Do they repair it here or send it outside(as notebook not sold in India) and again what about shipping costs?

4. The turnaround time for the whole thing..

I have mailed both Asus US and Asus India about this, but no reply :/

since i am planning to buy an asus from us so i called the Asus HL ..... they told me to submit the laptop along with bill to the local rashi office.........spare parts would be delievered from taiwan and the turnaround time would be 20-25 days.

stalker said:
Please don't blab without knowing what you are blabbing about. :no::no:

Asus Laptops carry a 2 year global warranty which IS honored in India. A friend of mine had the dvd-rw of his US purchased lappie crapping out and he was able to get it fixed in India without any hassles.. will ask him for details on the procedure..
Can you please please help me out? I have an Asus G53JW-A1 that I bought from the US in April. The DVD drive doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I put in a disc, it spins for some time and then stops. When I dowble click the icon in My computer, it says please insert disc and the tray pops open. Don't know what the problem is. I know my laptop has global warranty so is there any way I could claim it? I am from Kerala BTW. I'm kinda down in the dumps with this problem cuz my laptop was working perfectly until today. There is nothing wrong with the disc cuz i can open it in the other laptops that I have. And this was not only with one DVD. It was with all the DVDs and CDs i had. Nothing works.

Back