Laptops Asus Global Warranty

palandu

Disciple
Hi,

I'm planning on getting the ASUS g73jh and u had a question for the ASUS owners out there about the warranty.

What is the procedure for sending a foreign bought model for repairs under warranty? Can i just give it to the local ASUS warranty centre or do i have to send it to the central office in Mumbai?

Also, as this model isnt available here and probably wont be for some time would they repair it here or send it abroad?

Thanks

I doubt ASUS provides global warranty. Even if they do it's very unlikely that Rashi or Digicomp will accept any product which is not imported by them. :p.

Forget global warranty ,ASUS warranty and returns service in India is pathetic even for locally bought stuff. They take 20-30 days minimum and then return the faulty board saying it's repaired. It works for 2-3 days and goes busted again. I had to send it via Prime ABGB to get it done faster and pay ~2k to get a upgraded new board(P5Q) with fresh warranty instead of P5ENSLI.

^Experience when RMA'ing a friends board recently.

FaH33m said:
I doubt ASUS provides global warranty. Even if they do it's very unlikely that Rashi or Digicomp will accept any product which is not imported by them. :p.

Forget global warranty ,ASUS warranty and returns service in India is pathetic even for locally bought stuff. They take 20-30 days minimum and then return the faulty board saying it's repaired. It works for 2-3 days and goes busted again. I had to send it via Prime ABGB to get it done faster and pay ~2k to get a upgraded new board(P5Q) with fresh warranty instead of P5ENSLI.
^Experience when RMA'ing a friends board recently.

Please don't blab without knowing what you are blabbing about. :no::no:

Asus Laptops carry a 2 year global warranty which IS honored in India. A friend of mine had the dvd-rw of his US purchased lappie crapping out and he was able to get it fixed in India without any hassles.. will ask him for details on the procedure..

^

k, thanks but a optical drive it's understandable if they just fix it here and give it back to you promptly, but what if something like the lcd,inverter,gpu,mobo gives up? i guess they'll either have to send it to a foreign center or order the part as this model prolly wont be sold here for some time..

hope i don't get charged for shipping :/

still, looking forward to knowing more about the procedure, thanks!

there were many conflicting reports regarding Asus RMA for imported laps,plz make a fresh research on the same ,there may be issues with many customers,even repeated problems.if you are a frequent traveller then there is no problem.

If the model is sold in India , then it shouldnt be a problem, if it isnt sourcing parts etc may be. Just drop them an email at their customer are and ask .

stalker said:
Please don't blab without knowing what you are blabbing about. :no::no:

Asus Laptops carry a 2 year global warranty which IS honored in India. A friend of mine had the dvd-rw of his US purchased lappie crapping out and he was able to get it fixed in India without any hassles.. will ask him for details on the procedure..

Sorry my bad. My post was only related to ASUS service with motherboards and graphic cards imported by Rashi peripherals. Didn't notice that the OP is interested in buying a Asus Laptop. :ashamed:

^^
wow really, i wonder what gave it away in the end, maybe this bein the laptop section an all... but that's just my guess :p

Nvm, your input was appreciated, and almost similar thing happened to a friend of mone with his Asus MoBo..

I sent Asus an email, will post back when i hear from them. This is what the ASUS website has to say about notebook global warranty:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Samsung also offer international warranty on their netbooks it seems!

@palandu - don't worry dude! I bought my Sager like 2 yrs ago, still kickin azz!! ;)

Back