Any showroom selling Graphic Equalizers in Mumbai?

You'll have to get an amplifier for that 'cause a graphic equalizer isn't directly available.

I was told that at Grant road you can get a cusom made at Grant Road (Lamington Road).

I and a friend were looking for a graphic equalizer about a year ago. He eventually gave up and bought an amplifier.

Sorry to disappoint you.

yes i have hunted for one a lot now. i have a yamaha equalizer but its damaged and cannot be repaired. savoy has stopped importing that product. norge also has stopped manufacturing the equalizer. wonder if any shop in heera panna stocks some. do u know where in lamington road do we get custom made ones? i mean the shop name or something.

regards,

may i ask what for :)

i recall seeing a company called pace audio advertising eq's in some old AV max issue. But still , using a hardware graphical EQ is now passe. Why not parametric?

after having always listened to music routed through the equalizer. now listening to music without it not fun at all. simple bass and treble functions in the amp just do not suffice. its sad that the eq is not available anymore.

Regarding Lamington Road:

We went there only to find out that the people selling speakers near station on road make these equalizers. You can report to them if you have any problem within a week else forget about it. On seeing & hearing this we didn't enquire about anything else the cost for making, time etc. etc....

I would advice you not to go for any of these equalizers and rather get an amplifier.

Try Croma's Juhu or Malad they have a large variety of amplifiers with a fair amount of tweaking available on them.

well i have the yamaha ax396 amp + sonodyne sonus 2605 towers. i had the yamaha eq20 attached to this. doesnt anyone import any other brand? but whatever is said, equalized sound has no parallels. non equalized sound is flat and woody.

Easily available, you're looking in the wrong place.

Equalisers are very common in installed sound and pro audio, but have fallen out of favour in home audio setups.

Try the pro audio shops in Lamington Road. Most of them are at first floor levels, not on the street so it's not immediately obvious.

The shopowners are snooty when it comes to individual one-time buyers, so caveat emptor.

You may want to check with Chaudhary trading to start with.

this piece of info is really great. i too am looking for equis desperately. rosa is correct - non equalized sound is not exciting at all. i will try with chaudhary trading.
:hap5:
regards,

ok here is another info. dnm enterprise import equalizers 10 + 10 band - avble for abt 5.5k. located at ansa ind estate - can pick up from the factory. timing 8am to4.30 pm mon to sat. owner is mr.dilip bajaj. tel:2847 4038.
I checked the piece now. impressive. has a spectrum analyzer + fully illuminated keys. but i must say that the red leds are a bit hard on the eyes - 'outstandingly bright'. the performance is also impresive - no distortion or hiss whatsoever. it also has an eq bypass / defeat button.
cons - only 2 inputs - tape + cd/dvd.

chaudhary also import equis from taiwan - 10 + 10 band. price is again 5.5.k. same features as abv.

hope this helps.

regards,
Raja

If I am not mistaken, I saw one for sale on here a while back .. it was a very very old thread ..

There is one shop which keeps all this - they make their own speakers too "Satan" was the brand - A whole lot of pro equipment .. one of the biggest shops there - just off the main road on the first floor. ah here is the link Narain : Proaudio Lighting Pvt. Ltd

Found the thread: http://www.techenclave.com/market/pioneer-graphic-equaliser-for-sale-5992.html and it is ollllldddddddd but if memory serves me right there was one more, not so old

Thanks friend.

Actually i got the info abt Narain Pro Audio from my friend just yesterday and called them up, but the guy who answered the tel was so rude - he just slammed the receiver down as soon as i mentioned 'graphic equalizer' - seems i hurt his sentiments in some way!!;)

I need to go there personally to check. i have a feeling after going through their site that they may be more interested in commercial or bulk inquiries, rather than individuls.

I have been there personally, most of their clients are repeat buyers and tend to get more attention. But still it seemed like a reasonable shop

I would say u start with chaudhary trading, and few shops in the same lane towards Rashi Service Center. Have seen Pace, Norge, DNM etc in the same lane also looks on shops behind the same lane and also as some one mentioned there are alot of shops on the first floor. If u want cheap hand made stuff u will get it for around 500-700 rs [10+10 band eQ].

Another one is just besides lammy road police station there's one shop they have Korean/Chinese/Taiwan [god knows where they are made], EQ last one i saw was a 15+15 Band EQ with very attractive Spectrum analyzer for 4k.

I just created an account here now after reading all these threads.Yes im a music freak and crazy of all these gadgets. you can llok into quikr or olx to look in for such stuff. i got my first eq Pioneer GR333 from quikr. it works superb. Im getting my second EQ- Technics SH 8044 from ebay.uk. i have found one nice Technics piece in ebay india site.I dont remember which place it is. All i remember is its in North India.Its in pristine condition. If you are not too late then you can grab that.:)

ive read some threads here talking about buying an amp instead of Eql. they are totally different in function. Eql is an add on device which improves the quality of sound lets us select the frequency we like to boost. once you start listening to music through an Eql, u cant live without it. other wise you feel like listening to a flat neutral sound. equalizer cannot be connected to speaker since it does not have sound output it works in between the audio player like a CD/DVD/MP3/cassette Deck and an amp. Eql is used only to manipulate the frequency response of a signal.

Back