Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys ,

I got G1 , im stuck at the login screen . Im on loop mobile, i've tried setting up the APN and stuff but stil no go . Recently i had tried some settings fro login there while contacting to google servers i lost my balance but was not logged in.

Can anyone plz provide exact APN settings for loop mobile ?

Getting the latest andriod!

guys this might be a noob question.....but anyways...

can i get, .....say ....android 2.2 on a phone that shipped with android 2.1?
(the handset in reference is a samsung spica)

if yes,
what is the level of technical knowledge involved?
wat is the risk involved towards screwingup your handset?

and what about the latest versions that keep comming? android 3.0 is already in news.....will i be able to put that on the handset too?

any help would be great help.

thanks!

Re: Getting the latest andriod!

Buddy you can get Android 2.2 on a 2.1 device provided its capable for it...I dont have much clue about which[?] Spica ur talking about! 3.0 for Spica is a long shot! Try to get the Nexus one if possible :) am using nexus one and it was fairly easy to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 (mine's rooted)...

thanks! thought so...

i think of it in the PC terms....the first desktop i had was a intel celeron, which ran the then Win95....
when win98 came out i was able to to upgrade it!!

so similarly in mobile...i dont want to be stuck with a older OS, that was my concern (still is :))

spica i heard has a 800mhz cpu, so unless a really process intensive version of android comes out.......ideally i should be able to upgrade!

but looks like its upto the manufacturer to decide.....and i dont think samsung has a reputation of giving OS updates :(

khaleelda1 said:
thanks! thought so...

i think of it in the PC terms....the first desktop i had was a intel celeron, which ran the then Win95....

when win98 came out i was able to to upgrade it!!

so similarly in mobile...i dont want to be stuck with a older OS, that was my concern (still is :))

spica i heard has a 800mhz cpu, so unless a really process intensive version of android comes out.......ideally i should be able to upgrade!

but looks like its upto the manufacturer to decide.....and i dont think samsung has a reputation of giving OS updates :(

Froyo apparently runs 4 times faster, so I'm guessing it wont be process intensive and you definitely can upgrade.

Bought the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini..

Superb phone.

Costed me 15,249...

I really liked the UX interface.

1.6 is ok.

Waiting for 2.1 update.

It has 212MB internal memory and 166MB RAM...

Always around 30MB free RAM and using task Manager goes to 70MB or 85MB...

I really liked the Android Market...

If possible will post a review..

Renegade said:
Unable to browse to the android market. It is stuck at TOS loading page. Tried a factory reset as well. Can connect to gmail, gtalk and facebook. Cant open web pages and android market. Anybody knows whats wrong? I see that apps are not available for India in the market. Is it because of that?

Go to terminal:

$su
#fix_permissions

Restart and let us know if it works out.

teja92 said:
Bought the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini..
Superb phone.
Costed me 15,249...
I really liked the UX interface.
I1.6 is ok.
Waiting for 2.1 update.
It has 212MB internal memory and 166MB RAM...
Always around 30MB free RAM and using task Manager goes to 70MB or 85MB...
I really liked the Android Market...
If possible will post a review..

Hi Congrats... I own a x10
hope u know the x10 can be rooted now.. don't know whether its applicable to mini or not.I have created a thread in the same mobile section please check it out... and also I rec u used the HTCME keyboard... much better compare to the standard one... instructions can be found in
xperiax10blog.net
:)

Hi,

i have been using nokia symbian based phone for 10 yrs and i am sick of it currently using n73 which is pathetically slow and lazy, i hope android will be fast and serve me well, so i have zeroed two android based phone SE xperia x10 mini, and HTC tatoo, i don't want to invest more money on phone, 16-17 is enough for me, my primary use will be chatting,texting and surfing the net as back up when my main connection goes down, please suggest all you mobile gurus and android experienced user, are application on android free?

Thanks.

I have i-mate JAMA which is dead during my wm6.5 upgrade.. Is there anyway that I can install android on this hardware? I have seen xda-developers porting android on many WM based phones, but didn't find any for JAMA.

I just wanted to check with the experts in our group.

I am a new android user (galaxy s) , I need ur opinion regarding task killers like advanced task killer , taskiller . Are they really needed ?

I have read in some other forums that android has a very good task management system and requires none of these apps.

If needed which is the best taskiller ? and what are tasks /services i should include in the ignore list of the app for samsung galaxy s ? (so that i don't end up with a blank screen)

sck_2000in said:
I am a new android user (galaxy s) , I need ur opinion regarding task killers like advanced task killer , taskiller . Are they really needed ?

I have read in some other forums that android has a very good task management system and requires none of these apps.

If needed which is the best taskiller ? and what are tasks /services i should include in the ignore list of the app for samsung galaxy s ? (so that i don't end up with a blank screen)
Dont use advanced task killer as it is the culprit and eats all the memory ,go to market and get task manager .It has a widget as well which shows how much memory is remaining .Its by rythm software.Its an awesome app way far better than stupid advanced task manager.

panther said:
Hi,

i have been using nokia symbian based phone for 10 yrs and i am sick of it currently using n73 which is pathetically slow and lazy, i hope android will be fast and serve me well, so i have zeroed two android based phone SE xperia x10 mini, and HTC tatoo, i don't want to invest more money on phone, 16-17 is enough for me, my primary use will be chatting,texting and surfing the net as back up when my main connection goes down, please suggest all you mobile gurus and android experienced user, are application on android free?
Thanks.
I used my cousin's new Nokia C5 phone for a while and found the S60 9.3 interface was very fast with it. This is probably because of the new processor(600Mhz) So if you still want to use Symbian , you can check this out.. It's around 8 grand(it's even got GPS). Android based phones are costly(12K+)... Apps on Android are free I think.

sck_2000in said:

Do not use any task manager. Task managers are the main culprits for most android issues.

Thanks for the reply guys,

I have installed an app called system panel (its a task manager) . I don't use it to kill apps but to see how the apps are behaving , about cpu cycle and memory usage . I think its a very good app .

Killing apps have caused me more problems .

panther said:
Hi,

Thanks.

Whatever you dont buy a Tattoo; I have seen it its horrible. Bad resolution, resistive screen, slow UI. Tiny screen. IMO stick with SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back