Amazon India - Feedback Thread

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Nov 30, 2011
Pandora
Recently, Amazon Guy collected 100 bucks extra on the actual amount when my brother gave him without counting. He knew he took extra money, When i realised he took extra money asked him on call if he took extra 100.. he said he will come in 1/2hour and return it. waited for 1 hour and called him he says i am at my home since my duty is over and if he comes tomorrow near my place he will give money and there's no guarantee that he will come tomorrow.. I simply hung up and called up customer care and gave a complaint knowing the guy trying to play me, 100 bucks was nothing and since he was playing me i got pissed off.
Result: The next day morning the dude came running with money bag and asked why did you gave complaint, Their branch office got a mail from amazon sales manager to Fire off that dude if he doesn't return money by afternoon to the customer.

kudos to Amazon. This November all 12 orders were from Amazon.
:hilarious:

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007
Anywhere between 0 - 47000 feet
Be warned though, I've just come off a less than pleasant experience with their ATS logistics. I ordered a pair of earphones on the 11th which reached their mumbai warehouse on the 13th and then just lay there till the 21st. It took over 4 emails.. a bunch of twitter shoutouts and a whole lot of explanations from their side before they had it "expedited" on priority. It's the third time in as many months that i've had an AMAZON FULFILLED order be delayed this way due to the slack in their logistics handling.

If anything, i think that they're struggling to keep up with the volume of shipments in India. As their popularity grows so does the scale and complexity and I think they're starting to flounder a bit. I can't wait for them to launch PRIME in India. Hopefully it will be worth the premium to ensure the quality.

Having said the above, I still maintain they are LOADS better than Flipkart and the rest. Despite the service failure, they were always easy to contact and their escalation levels were clearly in place and accessible. The lady who responded to my 2nd level escalation ensured she followed up with an email and delivered on her promise to have ATS deliver it on priority.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Nov 30, 2011
Pandora
@iPwnz I guess Amazon cared even for the small amount, they are worth appreciation. If it was Snapdeal or Shopclues.. Ahhh Dekhenge.
Reutation and customer satisfaction are everything to them.
Yeah some of my keys on my keyboard are not working. Accidentally silt sou on it last night. :p

Avish

Disciple
Oct 17, 2010
Pune
As long as it is in the stipulated time frame, we are fine. You have any real incidence where you ordered of a portal and were given a definitive time line (like FK, The Bay, AZ do), and IPS breached it...?
I don't have much experience with India Post, but couple of experiences I have had with them were frustrating. It wasn't one of the portals you mentioned, but it was a online store and they did provide the three days timeline. India Post took two weeks, and that too only after seller took the issue to their senior management. But the culprit maybe the local office where I live, because the store used India Post exclusively all over India and they said they never had this kind of problem before. So, let's see how they do this time.

Btw, ATS delivered rest of my order yesterday. India Post tracking status is still the same from Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: asingh

Avish

Disciple
Oct 17, 2010
Pune
Just as I expected, India Post fraked up my order. But Amazon's efficient CC saved the day, so to speak. I contacted them yesterday evening around 7 pm and asked them if they could contact IPS and make sure that my parcel gets delivered by today afternoon. They told me that they don't have a facility to call IPS, and they can only email them. And so they did, apparently. This morning I received SMS saying my product has been delivered. So I checked the tracking status, and according to that, IPS had already delivered my product around 5 pm yesterday! 2 hours before I contacted Amazon! So either they delivered it to wrong person or it was a false status update. I simply got fed up at this point and asked Amazon to cancel the order and they issued a refund within 90 minutes.

I really hope this doesn't repeat in the future. They've assured me again and again that it won't, but one of them said that the couriers for the orders are assigned randomly, so even if I choose Fulfilled by Amazon, there's no guarantee that ATS will handle it. Which is kind of discouraging, I said to them.

Last edited:

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
Received my Amazon order via India Post within 3 days, fast delivery and good tracking, i have never suffered any problems with India Post, infact i find India Post to be better than many private courier companies.

Avish

Disciple
Oct 17, 2010
Pune
I guess you're lucky. I haven't had a single decent experience with them.

Someone from their office called up today and asked me to come and pick up my parcel! Simply unbelievable! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

swatkats

Skilled
Jul 16, 2011
Hyderabad
Received my Amazon order via India Post within 3 days, fast delivery and good tracking, i have never suffered any problems with India Post, infact i find India Post to be better than many private courier companies.
Not all are lucky with India Post. My Postman tho won't wait even for 2 minutes if no one opens the door. I have to wait till next day to get my package. Btw who uses India post even for metros and Tier2 Cities like Pune?

pauldmps

Skilled
Mar 20, 2011
Hyderabad, India
Multiple followups failed. They do not have any working local contact no.

I had to pick it up from their warehouse. Apparently, they didn't bother to even try delivering the package. Their warehouse was on the highway away from the city. It was a 2 x 12km journey.

tech.addict

Skilled
Jun 19, 2005
Kolkata
Multiple followups failed. They do not have any working local contact no.

I had to pick it up from their warehouse. Apparently, they didn't bother to even try delivering the package. Their warehouse was on the highway away from the city. It was a 2 x 12km journey.
Have you contacted Amazon cust care regarding this? Ask Amazon for compensation.

alekhkhanna

Skilled
May 29, 2008
GATI is the shittiest courier ever. During the Diwali sale, all my AMZ orders were sent via GATI. Some got delivered after 4 weeks ! Shitty shitty shitty.

Reactions: pauldmps