Airtel Slashes Broadband Rates

sjte

Recruit
Airtel is offering new plans.

More details at Experience

----- In the News -----

The broadband war is all set to heat up as Bharti Airtel slashes rates.
Subscribers will be able to experience 1 Mbps surfing speeds from Airtel at Rs. 1,699 per month, which is Rs. 100 more than current 512 Kbps. The 512Kbps speed plan will now cost Rs. 1,099, which is Rs. 200 more than current 256 Kbps.

For Rs. 1,699, subscribers will be offered 1Mbps surfing speeds, along with a free VAS bundle from Airtel worth up to Rs. 500 every month. This bundle would include gaming on Games on Demand, Anti-Virus software PC Secure, Airtel Speed on Demand, and Online Desktop.

While for Rs.1,099 per month, subscribers will get to experience 512 Kbps broadband speeds along with Rs. 100 worth of free call value per month.

Get details on these plans here.

According to Hindustan Times, state-owned Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. (MTNL) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) have said that they would offer services at lower than Bharti prices.

Get set for a speedier broadband experience for less. It only gets better!

devilsmind said:
hmm...m using 1299 plan with 1mbps night and 512 kbps daytime download unlimited...

Even I am planning to get this plan itself. Would like your feedback on the plan. How much speeds do you actually get? Also, how are the pings in multiplayer games? & how about torrents, do you get full speeds while downloading?

alsiladka said:
Even I am planning to get this plan itself. Would like your feedback on the plan. How much speeds do you actually get? Also, how are the pings in multiplayer games? & how about torrents, do you get full speeds while downloading?

With airtel,speed is always more than advertised.You will get upto 650kbps in daytime and during night you will get ard 1.4mbps.Your connection will always max out with well seeded torrents.

Today I got a call from these "Airtel Sales" Agents. They were offering me 51kbps unlimited@1099.When i pressed about FUP, the person told me : " yes there is a fup of 75gb in daytime,night time being from 10 to 6". I asked him, if at all i should leave my current plan(Rs999, 384kbps, which i am getting for Rs800 :) ) , why shouldn't i take the freedom 1099 which has 1mbps at night. He told me, that this plan is no longer available :rofl:

At least this confirms FUP. I am never in my life going to opt for such a plan(except if NU is 2mbps :)) I am getting 20% off on my connection for 6 months( 4 months remaining), and after that if Airtel doesnt mend its ways..so long airtel!!

Punker said:
Old news mate....

New 384 kbps (day) n 1 mbps(night) plan available for Rs.1099 + taxes

nfsfan said:
........., why shouldn't i take the freedom 1099 which has 1mbps at night. He told me, that this plan is no longer available :rofl

Yes
This is what I have been hearing. I ran to the AirTel office, confirmed and booked for the 1099 plan the very next day that the news was out. So I go the plan, it's good, Sunday 1 Mbps the whole day. Am surprised they pulled it so soon, maybe they had a lot of takers

alsiladka said:

As H@cKer already told..u'll get more speed then advertised:),

Right now m not playing any online games so cant say..

Torrent- 58-60 kb/sec day// 140-150 kb/sec night [on average seeds]

RapidShare - 63 kb/sec day// 165 kb/sec night approx...

Old News! :)

Upgraded like a week before you posted this hehe! Actually just look out for the forums before you post.. Many people had already posted queries regarding this..
Anyway cheers!

Am on the 1099/384/night+sunday1mbit plan right now.

Speeds are as advertised.

FUP of 75GB is applicable for day time usage. If you aren't torrenting, or use a seedbox, then this plan is perfect :)

Back