Airtel Slashes Broadband Rates

stalker said:
Am on the 1099/384/night+sunday1mbit plan right now.

Speeds are as advertised.

FUP of 75GB is applicable for day time usage. If you aren't torrenting, or use a seedbox, then this plan is perfect :)

Daytime usage is from 6am to 10pm which means 16 hours.

Now on a 384kbps plan the maximum you can download in 16 hours is around 2.5GB. Since FUP is not applicable on sundays, it leaves us 26 days of FUP.

2.5 x 26 = 65

Therefore even if you download 24/7, the max you can download during daytime is 65 GB in 30 days. So I guess, FUP holds no value here.

^^ that is only possible in 1099 plan whereas in 1299 plan you can easily cross 100 GB and moreover who told you that FUP is not applicable on sundays

Bluffmaster said:
^

I assumed he meant that he is getting 1 mbps unlimited on sundays too. Even if you add the sundays, it would still not cross 75 GB limit.

I think they count downloaded+uploaded mb as "downloads". So for a 1:1 ratio, one is basically left with only 37.5 GB :p

But this Explore 1099 is giving more than specified speed... I am getting ~480kbps daytime & 1.2-1.3Mbps night... :)

So I am able to download ~7-7.5 GB in 24hrs..

Only gripe is FUP which will eventually be implemented on this plan across India as well....

FUP for the 1299 plan is 100GB and not 75GB.

Like bluffy explained, as long as you aren't worried about ratios or are on rs.com.. its just perfect :)

^^even am on the same plan fup is 100gb

strange, people getting irritated about.

ive had 512 unlimited for over a year, max download per month for me is 40gb.

Guys am 4m chennai and am planning to get airtel bb

Am confuz bet 1299 plan and 1699...

Which 1 to get... Ma use.. online gaming ,RS and MU download

Also any idea how much i got to pay for the modem and alll???

manuvikram007 said:
Guys am 4m chennai and am planning to get airtel bb
Am confuz bet 1299 plan and 1699...
Which 1 to get... Ma use.. online gaming ,RS and MU download
Also any idea how much i got to pay for the modem and alll???

go for 1299 or 1099 swift which has 512kbps speed.
I have 1699 and it sucks specially games on demand by AIRTEL and you get Rs.100 speed on demand which works only for 1hr5min giving speed of 235kb/s on torrents. Pc secure package which is totally sucks . I have my own antivirus ESET which is best . Now today I called customer service and changed my plan to HOME 649 that is 256kbps as I have to start studying .
Go for Swift 1099 best plan where 512kbps is sufficent for gaming , downloading surfing .:hap2:

Chcekout with the Cc you could be getting the wi-fi modem for free along with a rent-free phone i guess :p that's what the guys told me last time :)

Back