Airtel Mobile Office - Pay for Use zero rental plan!

well for emails and important news and browsing on mobile alone, this plan is good enough. and its 50KByte and not 50Kbit.

See, if you use something like Opera Mobile, disable images and check gmail, it hardly takes 50KB to login, check and reply to an email. Here 25rs/day turns out to be too expensive. Thats useful only if you want to use your phone as modem for laptop and even then speeds will be very slow, so its not a good browsing experience at all.

MTNL launching 3G @ 2500 UNltd here in Mumbai from 1st June, lets see what Airtel & Voda offer as competition.

Shripad said:
well for emails and important news and browsing on mobile alone, this plan is good enough. and its 50KByte and not 50Kbit.
See, if you use something like Opera Mobile, disable images and check gmail, it hardly takes 50KB to login, check and reply to an email. Here 25rs/day turns out to be too expensive. Thats useful only if you want to use your phone as modem for laptop and even then speeds will be very slow, so its not a good browsing experience at all.

Opera Mini FTW :bleh: Yeah its 50KB, good for the occasional browsing or sending that email while away from the comp.
deathvirus_me said:
Why bother ?? the rates are absurd ... 20p for 50Kb or 50KB ?? makes a hell lotta diff. .. i'd still go with 5 bucks for 24 hrs. Net on Phone :) ... something like u must dial *555*1# (or *444*1#, one was for Net of Phone, the other for Mobile Office, donno which one was which) to activate it, and *555*2# to deactivate .. if needed more Mobile Office is for 25 bucks a day :p .. atleast that works fine in Kolkata. . the speeds are horrible though ..

NOP has been history since quite some time if i am not wrong?

axeman said:
MTNL launching 3G @ 2500 UNltd here in Mumbai from 1st June, lets see what Airtel & Voda offer as competition.

MTNL declared their rates for Mumbai?
Didnt see anything on their site.

is that 20p/50KB for Mobile Office or is it 30paise/50KB....?????????? i use 30paise/50KB..........btw i also used Mobile office for free without any download charges for atleast 3-4 months....its after i recharged my talktime that they deducted Rs 121 from my balance.....but even that was very low for the amount of downloads i had made on my phone........its almost 1.5 GB....which included almost 900 MB of downloads and over 100MB of uploads....

Ok In west bengal

Nop still works. Rs. 5 unlimited browsing on phone.
Mobile office 498 unlimited browsing tethering.
Airtel live (why use this when Nop is there ?)
Ucweb still works.

Well I'm also using Airtel GPRS in my Laptop for the last 1 and 1/2 month. Activated the daily rental plan. Done a lot of surfing d, downloading etc - not charged for a buck till today. What's the catch here?

Hey I Beg To Differ With ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES , ALL OF YOU!!!...........I USE Teashark And It Works For Me PERFECTLY!!!!! No Charge Till Now....Ive Been Using It Since I Got My Airtel sim 2 months ago and its prepaid...and im using airtel live not airtel mobile office.....:)

alsiladka said:
NOP has been history since quite some time if i am not wrong?

Naaah .. its still alive :) ..

Shripad said:

Its 5 Rs/day for Net on Phone ... with which u can actually use all internet related stuff on the phone ... so basically using this plan when u download 500 KB, that equals to 50p per 50 KB = 5 bucks :p .. hehe .. the other NOP plan is 5 bucks a day for 24x7 unlimited net :p ..

yohanns23 said:
Hey I Beg To Differ With ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES , ALL OF YOU!!!...........I USE Teashark And It Works For Me PERFECTLY!!!!! No Charge Till Now....Ive Been Using It Since I Got My Airtel sim 2 months ago and its prepaid...and im using airtel live not airtel mobile office.....:)

You must be one of the lucky fellow:) Why not me?:mad:

yohanns23 said:

Cross-check your balance wont be deducting by huge amounts. It was free around 40 days ago for me too. If still its free for u. njoy:hap2:

Correction - it is actually 30p/50kb. But still a nice deal. Occasional browsing & checking emails over Nokia Messaging is nothing compared to the cost.

Yawn .. I pay 199 per month for unlimited MO .. Im on corporate plan too ..

My friend is screwing AirTel for good .. He's downloaded almost 60gb over GPRS .. :p .. All that for 199 per month . ..

it_waaznt_me said:
Yawn .. I pay 199 per month for unlimited MO .. Im on corporate plan too ..

My friend is screwing AirTel for good .. He's downloaded almost 60gb over GPRS .. :p .. All that for 199 per month . ..
60GB on an EDGE network. :rofl: Does he keep downloading 24/7?

Back