Airtel Mobile Office - Pay for Use zero rental plan!

Damn!! I wasn't aware of this plan. Had been using the expensive Airtel Live for the occasional browsing and emergencies.
When i called up customer care today morning to enquire about their Mobile Office plans, came to know of this Zero Rental plan.
20p for 50kb!! Thats a hell lot cheaper than what Airtel Live costs for surfing. Also, this is the full fledged connection, meaning that all the applications will work, and will also work for tethering.
Just SMS AGPRS to 121 for activation.

Can I add this Mobile Office plan (20p/50kb) in my existing prepaid connection? And can it be activated and deactivated at will with no charges? I would like to use this to try out GPRS on my old Moto RAZR :)

My Airtel NOP connection is not charged at all. It does not require the use of any specific browser, I can use any application and surf all I want but wont be charged at all.

This is happening for the last 4-5 months.

The free hacks won't work for long ever. I haven't used them, but i am sure they must have checked the loopholes.

Activation / Deactivation of this plan doesn't cost. Its a ZERO Rental plan. Keep it activated, use whenever there is a need for it.

im wary of airtel suddenly removing the zero rental part and start charging for no reason...

btw can this be activated on a prepaid connection?

They can't change the plan & still keep it activated. No matter how cynical people want to be, you can be rest assured that they are not at liberty to do that.

As for prepaid, i can't comment. I am a postpaid user. Call up 121, the plans are recited by the automated machine in the GPRS section.

Why bother ?? the rates are absurd ... 20p for 50Kb or 50KB ?? makes a hell lotta diff. .. i'd still go with 5 bucks for 24 hrs. Net on Phone :) ... something like u must dial *555*1# (or *444*1#, one was for Net of Phone, the other for Mobile Office, donno which one was which) to activate it, and *555*2# to deactivate .. if needed more Mobile Office is for 25 bucks a day :p .. atleast that works fine in Kolkata. . the speeds are horrible though ..

Back