Airtel disconnection tactic

Recently I removed my Airtel connection. The reason was - they tried to push me a faulty modem under the guise that company policies have changed. I got a service request number for the disconnection on 9th Jan 2012

After numerous calls from their executives the connection finally went off on 16th Jan 2012. I cudnt even call 121 to ask to remove their equipment. All calls were blocked. Tried calling CC through my mobile too. That too dint work.

On 20th the line finally went dead. No connection at all.

But when today I recieved my bill, it was for the full month. This in spite of all the promises of proacted bill. I am trying to raise a request through Airtel website, that is not working too.

Any ideas what can be done?

same thing happened with me.. I didn't pay the bill then executive came and requested me to pay the bill I told him I'm not gonna pay the bill until broadband amount is deducted he agreed and I paid the remaining amount..

Have you tried Contacting Nodal Officer and Appellate Officer of your city/area? If not, I highly recommend you to do so. AirTel CC is full of arrogant and idiots

Hope this post helps you: http://mrintech.com/email-addresses-phone-fax-numbers-for-nodal-officer-in-airtel-india-for-broadband-fixed-line-mobile
<

Yep they done far more worse things to me ...i disconnected and refused to pay the last month bill.Then they tried all kinds of tactics to get the money ...when nothing worked they let go .

Dont Pay ... In my case I had TataIndicom Walkey , the instrument was damaged somehow and I requested their CC to give me new instrument... they deducted 500 bucks for same ... Now its been 6 months I have not received the instrument and they charge monthly bill :-/ ... When CC called me to pay the amount I told them why should I pay when I dont have the instrument and dont use your service
<

Normally with Fail-tel, the day you request for the termination, the billing freezes until the retention team calls you with all their useless free goodies that they are ready to shower upon you. Your incident is one of their classic billing department blunders, or a tactic to leach out more money from you. I hope you have all the reference and interaction numbers to get this sorted out. First write to 121@in.airtel.com with all the details including dates. No point in calling CC, it would just elevate your blood pressure.

Make sure you get an acknowledgement when they come to take away the equipment. And NOTE that the modem, splitter and the RJ45 cable are yours, do not give it back to them. According to Fail-tel's new changed modem policy, these belong to the customer.

Don't pay the bill. A guy will come to your place to collect the due, Tell him you will not pay. Ask him to check their Records.

.. and moreover Retention Dept has also stopped offering Good plans. they're giving some 5Gb Extra when you place an Disconnection.

Yeah...Do not pay the bill. Infact you can plainly deny them payment citing that you did not utilize the connection at all for that month due to your modem issue. They are not going to loose anything, infact they got a lot from customers who own these Failtel.

Back