Audio 2.1 desktop PC speakers in around 12k range EDIT: Bought Klipsch Promedia 2.1

Maksa

Disciple
Apr 22, 2008
www.maksazone.com
@Maksa : I don't have much idea about MBP (Macbook Pro) but according to a post in HeadFi, apple lappys have better sound quality than the onboard audio of an average PC. So the Promedia 2.1 will sound reasonably well as is with your MBP.
And this should give you a marked improvement in audio quality.

And yes Promedia 2.1 can produce quite a bit of bass but luckily it has a knob for controlling it. I keep it to 15% to 20% and the bass seems just right for normal listening.

thanks for sharing info on MBP Sound Card :) I really appreciate you help.

how is sound at low volume? most of the time i will be listening to low volume only. do you have any personal experience with AudioEngine A2? or should i stick with Promedia 2.1. Actually i was planing to buy promedia 2.1 from proaudiohome.com. So i called up there and they suggested me AE A2.. So i got confused and now I am not able to decide which one to buy :(.

Last edited by a moderator:

Argus

Adept
Feb 5, 2006
Jaipur
You are welcome :)

I haven't auditioned A2 but I've heard good things about it.
Read a few reviews and check youtube for some related video reviews and then let your heart decide. You can't go wrong with any one of these.