Audio 2.1 desktop PC speakers in around 12k range EDIT: Bought Klipsch Promedia 2.1

Argus

Adept
Feb 5, 2006
Jaipur
Hi,
I need 2.1 speakers for my desktop PC speakers in around 12k range.
Here in my city most shops keep lower-end 2.1 speakers so I'm not able to audition decent speakers.
In all probability I'll be ordering online.

My usage would be :
50% music
40% movies
10% gaming, if at all.

Audio source for the 2.1's would be Xonar DX most of the times.
I intend to keep these speakers for at least the next 3 years.

I'm considering the following ones but am confused which one to pick :
  • Edifier C3
  • Logitech z623
  • Bose Companion 2
  • CORSAIR SP2500
  • Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
  • Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
  • JBL Creature III
Please suggest which one should I go for.
Thanks in advance :)

Argus

Adept
Feb 5, 2006
Jaipur
Received Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX yesterday. These are good desktop speakers and I'm loving their sound.

Thanks everyone for their advise, especially @gurujee :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gurujee

gurujee

Disciple
Feb 14, 2012
Received Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX yesterday. These are good desktop speakers and I'm loving their sound.

Thanks everyone for their advise, especially @gurujee :)
he he..welcome...u got for how many bucks and from where.....

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
The Promedia 2.1 is among the better 2.1 units available right now. I recall that when the MX5021 was during its prime, this one had vanished completely. I think Klipsch also declared it EOL, if my memory serves me right. And then people started importing the units from the US and using it with a step down converter. Glad that it is back in stock. Congrats Argus!

Reactions: Argus

Maksa

Disciple
Apr 22, 2008
www.maksazone.com
Promedia 2.1 is a a very good speaker set and it will definitely sound good on your laptop.

Later on if you so wish, you can go for an external usb sound-card like creative X-Fi.

Thanks for your feedback :) I have another winner in the list "audioengine a2". And now really confused which one should i select.

I was almost ready to order Klipsch but some one told me that Audioengine A2 sound even batter if you are not into much bass. But it cost more.

Regarding Sound card.. Creative X-Fi does not support Mac. so any other option for Macbook Pro?

Argus

Adept
Feb 5, 2006
Jaipur
@Maksa : I don't have much idea about MBP (Macbook Pro) but according to a post in HeadFi, apple lappys have better sound quality than the onboard audio of an average PC. So the Promedia 2.1 will sound reasonably well as is with your MBP.
And this should give you a marked improvement in audio quality.

And yes Promedia 2.1 can produce quite a bit of bass but luckily it has a knob for controlling it. I keep it to 15% to 20% and the bass seems just right for normal listening.

Reactions: Maksa