ZTE Blade Gen2 Mod Help

harmandeep

VirTuaLiZaTioN Freak
Adept
Guys, i had recently got a new ZTE Blade - Gen2.
I had followed CM documentation- and have root'd successfully ( Permanent Root ) following the steps shown here
ZTE Blade (Gen2): Root and Recovery - CyanogenMod Wiki

Z4Root worked (tried various versions) for TEMPORARY ROOT'D only, and above is Permanent.

And then i installed ROM Manager - ClockworkMod Recovery - and followed by installation of ClockWordMod Recovery Image (tried 3.0.1.4 and the latest - 5.0.2.0)
but i am not able to boot into ClockWordMod Recovery Menu.
When i select "Reboot into Recovery" from ROM Manager v4.8.0.7 -> it boots into the default "Android Recovery Utility".

Help me Guys, and also is there any solution for me to get Z4Root to do Permanent Rooting ???

harmandeep said:
Guys, i had recently got a new ZTE Blade - Gen2.
I had followed CM documentation- and have root'd successfully ( Permanent Root ) following the steps shown here
ZTE Blade (Gen2): Root and Recovery - CyanogenMod Wiki

Z4Root worked (tried various versions) for TEMPORARY ROOT'D only, and above is Permanent.

And then i installed ROM Manager - ClockworkMod Recovery - and followed by installation of ClockWordMod Recovery Image (tried 3.0.1.4 and the latest - 5.0.2.0)
but i am not able to boot into ClockWordMod Recovery Menu.
When i select "Reboot into Recovery" from ROM Manager v4.8.0.7 -> it boots into the default "Android Recovery Utility".

Help me Guys, and also is there any solution for me to get Z4Root to do Permanent Rooting ???

Hi,

You can download a modified version of z4root for the blade from the link below

Permanent root for 2.2 Blades! - Android @ MoDaCo

This will let you permanently root if required.

Once done, Flash Clockworkmod recovery from the Rom Manager app once again. Helps to do this over a wifi connection although its not necessary.

Back