ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Thank you for the information
<

^ The undervolting patch is for reducing CPU voltage which increases battery life and the recording patch is for enabling call recording for apps that use it. If you've flashed the rom from the link, the patches are included in the Rom itself AFAIK. The individual patches are for people who don't want to flash the entire Rom. Still just FYI, you install the patch the same way you flash the rom, from clockwork after you've flashed the rom.

in what option do we flash ".patch". I have only seen .zip to be flashed.

in what option do we flash ".patch". I have only seen .zip to be flashed.

Oops I thought those were flashable zip files, didn't pay attention. Did a quick search on Modaco and came across this post. Apparently, those patches are only required if you're compiling it yourself, and not flashable from clockwork. I stand corrected.

Post quoted from sej7278

new 31jan build with the blade ringlock style. i like it, especially with the minimal "one ring" unlock without the mute button. for some reason when i get an incoming call it reverts to the default ringlock style

i also applied a sm4tik's changes to remove the "explosion" part of the ringlock animation, so it looks smoother, although a bit basic. the patch works on the blade, bubble and revamped styles but not holo.

i patched the kernel with the 2-way call recording but didn't bother with the undervolting.

plus the usual miui battery bar (with colour preferences) and softbuttons.

usual place. note that you don't have to apply the patches, they're for if you're compiling yourself.

#pratzgh1

CM-7.2 is hell buggy
<
. what the hell will I do with the customization when the phone doesn't work properly as a mobile only
<
.Most stable cm is 257 nightly so far for me.

guys i just purchased an xcd35 from vijay sales and realized that it has a glossy look to it .

also it has 256mb ram, wanted to know how to unlock it to 512mb ram and also how is it possible as i am totally new to android.

Phone doesn't wake up from locked mode when a call comes ,so the display is black and it only vibrate. After I do a battery pull I see no log to know whose call I missed . Switched back to lewa and an loving it again
<

That was the major and most annoying one by far the most non buggy was the kang26.01.12 release

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

guys i just purchased an xcd35 from vijay sales and realized that it has a glossy look to it .

also it has 256mb ram, wanted to know how to unlock it to 512mb ram and also how is it possible as i am totally new to android.

My reply to a similar question on another forum......

To start off our European Blade has a 512mB of ROM which is partitioned into /boot, /system, /data , /cache, OEM. TPT layout help in partitioning of this ROM according to your needs . TPT also has amss.mbn ,which am told helps in the interaction of hardware to software[didnt find a concrete info on this , just got some idea by talking to Devs at IRC] and this is different in GEN 1 2 and 3. Now typically if your blade comes with a 512mB hardware RAM but it shows 256mB , then its understood that your boot loader has been allocated to use only 256mB RAM. So by doing a TPT flash, the bootloader is flashed and an unlocked boot loader is loaded so that it uses the whole of 512mB RAM . Use your partition layout wisely according to what ROMs you plan to run . For me I use :

custom Gen2 215 v10 (md5:dba6a95c0bc33333a6c04e87ca4b380e)

Gen2 radio and memory layout

Partition layout: 38MB cache, 215MB system, 204MB data

Fastboot enabled

Compatible with Gen1 TPTs

This partition layout is necessary for most stock ROMs and for early builds of ICS/CM9.

Runs all stock ROMs and custom ROMs alike .

Check this link for more details
<

Gen1, Gen2, TPT, Root, Recovery, Custom Rom, Cyanogen + Windows Flashing explanation.

I've been using Sej's 21st Jan build since.. well 22nd Jan and I'm facing no problems whatsoever. It came with the UV kernel and gives me better battery life than the 25X nightlies.

Phone doesn't wake up from locked mode when a call comes ,so the display is black and it only vibrate. After I do a battery pull I see no log to know whose call I missed . Switched back to lewa and an loving it again
<

That was the major and most annoying one by far the most non buggy was the kang26.01.12 release

To start off our European Blade has a 512mB of ROM which is partitioned into /boot, /system, /data , /cache, OEM. TPT layout help in partitioning of this ROM according to your needs . TPT also has amss.mbn ,which am told helps in the interaction of hardware to software[didnt find a concrete info on this , just got some idea by talking to Devs at IRC] and this is different in GEN 1 2 and 3. Now typically if your blade comes with a 512mB hardware RAM but it shows 256mB , then its understood that your boot loader has been allocated to use only 256mB RAM. So by doing a TPT flash, the bootloader is flashed and an unlocked boot loader is loaded so that it uses the whole of 512mB RAM . Use your partition layout wisely according to what ROMs you plan to run . For me I use :

Fastboot enabled

This partition layout is necessary for most stock ROMs and for early builds of ICS/CM9.

<

Gen1, Gen2, TPT, Root, Recovery, Custom Rom, Cyanogen + Windows Flashing explanation.

<

Fastboot enabled

<

i will try it and give you the feedback asap,thanks

First hello guys I'm new here...Using Kang build 7 February...running pretty smooth.have UV kernel too......but only bug I faced that while downloading something if I switch off screen then edge connection becomes ideal. May be it's because of UV kernel.if anyone have solution please share...
<

Back