ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Hi guys,

With your guidance and insights I was able to get my Orange SF. Thanks for your support

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

In case if that would be useful, I got it from ebay uk from a seller called - football_swede.

I installed the Lookut Mobile security software on my blade but it refuses to start. As in it does start but gets stuck on its start animation of green icon and lookout written and a processing type fig image going around in loop. :S

Any one else facing the same issue ?

Any other alternate AV/anti-malware etc software available ?

After flashing the FLB (or for that matter any 2.2 ROM) one gets around 160-170 MB of user data space. But now thanks to wbaw's partition mod i have more than 300 MB of data space on my ZTE blade. :yahoo:

You can also flash your blades with this MOD. Check below link

[mod] [2011-03-22] TPT NAND Backup & Partition Tool - alpha3 [Gen1] - Android @ MoDaCo

Although the tutorial is self explanatory but still should you encounter an issue, do mention here (or in that thread).

Hi,

I have recently ordered a grey san francisco using aramex. The problem is I am not able to upgrade it to 2.2 Froyo. I have tried everything written over here how-to-install-a-custom-rom-on-the-zte-blade/

I have installed the Universalandroot and rooted the phone.

Installed the Recovery Manager (0.34) with superuser access and updated the same.

Installed recovery (3.0.1.4)... i get a message that says Currently Installed Recovery: Unrecognised

Now the main problem is i am not able to boot in to recovery ... the phone gets stuck with the green android logo.

I cant even factory reset the phone as the phone doesnt reboot ... the phone again gets stuck with the green android logo.

I have tried everything written in the guide... double checked the MD5 ... the phone just doesnt reboot. I have tried it almost 9-10 times. Plz help

sanjaythegr8 said:
Hi,

I have recently ordered a grey san francisco using aramex. The problem is I am not able to upgrade it to 2.2 Froyo. I have tried everything written over here how-to-install-a-custom-rom-on-the-zte-blade/

I have installed the Universalandroot and rooted the phone.

Installed the Recovery Manager (0.34) with superuser access and updated the same.

Installed recovery (3.0.1.4)... i get a message that says Currently Installed Recovery: Unrecognised

Now the main problem is i am not able to boot in to recovery ... the phone gets stuck with the green android logo.

I cant even factory reset the phone as the phone doesnt reboot ... the phone again gets stuck with the green android logo.

I have tried everything written in the guide... double checked the MD5 ... the phone just doesnt reboot. I have tried it almost 9-10 times. Plz help
It seems that yours is a second generation blade. Download the Mr pigfish application from market com check what generation of blade it is. But not sure how you are going to do that now. All the custom ROMs available now are for generation 1 blade only and trying to flash a gen 2 with currently available froyo Rom may brick the device

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

^^ Did you even check if you gt the V1 Blade or the new V2 Blades with Android 2.2 stock ?

Some new V2 blades are not flash-able like before :(

raksrules said:
It seems that yours is a second generation blade. Download the Mr pigfish application from market com check what generation of blade it is. But not sure how you are going to do that now. All the custom ROMs available now are for generation 1 blade only and trying to flash a gen 2 with currently available froyo Rom may brick the device

this one's gen1

sanjaythegr8 said:
this one's gen1

Don't worry about the recovery manager detecting clock work as UNRECOGNIZED as that is the case with me too but it still works fine. Press the - vol key and keep it pressed and restart the phone, it should boot into clock work

Same here. Although Clockwork is installed, it still shows as unrecognized. Even the firmware shows as unrecognized ever since I changed from JJ9 to FLBr11b, but I'm able to boot into recovery by Power + Volume Down keys.

@sanjaythegr8: Try installing clockwork through the alternate methods provided at Modaco. It should work.

^^ Any reason for booting into the stock recovery after installing clockwork ?? Since installing clockwork basically for using the clockwork recovery and not the stock one.

Whats the max overcloking u guys are using on setCPU also share the different settings under profiles too eg screen off etc

Set the max to 748 and phone became unresponsive. Had to uninstall to get back the phone to work

^^ I've set mine at 729MHz max for the past 4 days, and have found not problems. Obvious improvement in device response noted, with games like Angry Birds and Raging Thunder working quite well. Will see if it is possible to go one step further later this week.

logistopath said:
^^ I've set mine at 729MHz max for the past 4 days, and have found not problems. Obvious improvement in device response noted, with games like Angry Birds and Raging Thunder working quite well. Will see if it is possible to go one step further later this week.
How is the hit on battery ?? Too drastic or acceptable ?

This is important since Blade's battery is already not that great.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone here tried any other ROM than the FLB and can report whether it is worth switching to them ?

Swedish Spring seems to be garnering popularity on modaco.

I don't know this so am just confirming..

We will have to install a new ROM or the old one will be working.. is it as easy as it is mentioned !

what happens to the img we have saved ? after the new partition is changed ?

what do we do with the folder of images after the completition ?

raksrules said:
After flashing the FLB (or for that matter any 2.2 ROM) one gets around 160-170 MB of user data space. But now thanks to wbaw's partition mod i have more than 300 MB of data space on my ZTE blade. :yahoo:

You can also flash your blades with this MOD. Check below link

[mod] [2011-03-22] TPT NAND Backup & Partition Tool - alpha3 [Gen1] - Android @ MoDaCo

Although the tutorial is self explanatory but still should you encounter an issue, do mention here (or in that thread).

@Tech_enthu

I suggest you first install a software like Quick Info just to get some details prior to using this Mod to cross check whether the mod actually worked.

Assuming you have some custom ROM already installed, just use clockwork to flash the file "blade_backup_alpha3-nocache-auto-10.zip". This flashing will take like 2-3 minutes so be patient.

Now reboot your phone.

Go to the /image directory on SD Card and you should see a file like this.. 00-PART-2-119-335 (this is name in my case), your numbers may differ.

Now turn your phone off and after 30 sec or so Turn it on with vol + held to flash the new partition sizes, some green colour text with percentage increasing will start appearing, this is flashing of your new partition sizes using the TPT method.

Just let this happen and after booting again, check in quick info and you should see

Cache as 42 MB (in reality it is 2 MB and if needed extra, memory from data is used, cache redirection you see)

Check the "internal storage" and compare with what you checked before mod application and it should be definitely increased to over 300 MB.

PS: I never checked the Before part (my bad) but i am sure it worked because i can very well see the increase in data for me to install apps on internal memory.

Back