ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

xtremevicky said:
No Lagg. GSM says max 16gb so was thinking of 8 .

would suggest you to opt for 8GB class 4 and above. would be the best option.. telling u from my personal experience.

Sent from my XCD35 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I am on 7.0.3-Blade cyanogenmod, is there any issue with battery on this release? My battery just drains, I mean like 50% gone overnight with wi-gi\3g\bt\screen off!

TheOtherGuy said:
Hi guys, I am on 7.0.3-Blade cyanogenmod, is there any issue with battery on this release? My battery just drains, I mean like 50% gone overnight with wi-gi\3g\bt\screen off!

some of the older releases had issues with battery. Do yourself a favour and switch to the new nightlies. They're much improved.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

you've converted to gen2 right?

Choose the card as you need it..... To me 16 GB is over kill...I have 8 GB class 4 and it works great even with s2e script ....

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

deathgoddg said:
Choose the card as you need it..... To me 16 GB is over kill...I have 8 GB class 4 and it works great even with s2e script ....

LOL @ overkill. I'm struggling with my 16gb as it is, keep juggling stuff from card to pc, was actually thinking of a 32gb, but that working is really hit or miss...

What's really overkill is class10. 4 is perfectly fine for the usage model of the blade.

Dude, just buy a damn card already, this card discussion is gonna hit 2 pages soon...

Btw, for anyone interested, i found a decent deal on a verbatim 16gb class4 microsd card on letsbuy. Buy Verbatim 16GB microSD card (Class 4, without adaptor) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Comes to Rs. 869 after applying a 10% off coupon.

Note: i have no idea if this particular card is compatible with the blade, only tried sandisk.

deathgoddg said:
IPhone and blackberry iem with mic is working awesome with blade .... iem without mic don't get identified as only earphones for me

my Ipod 3G IEMs with mic are not giving me the same output as Blade's original IEMs..hence was in dilemma whether to opt for EP 630?

^^ Buy the Verbatim :)

Usually the Class 4 rated ones easily gives write speeds if upto 7-8 MB/s and reads of upto 12 MB/s.

Also 3 years warranty from Accel Frontline (Same as Seagate)

at Rs 870/- its a damn good deal :D

SanDisk though have 5 years warranty are damn slow !

Julian said:
some of the older releases had issues with battery. Do yourself a favour and switch to the new nightlies. They're much improved.

you've converted to gen2 right?

Mine was gen2 already, i rooted and installed the stable 7.0.3 as on the cyanogenmod help page.

Can you suggest some stable later version which has amrked improvement in battery? Should be stable otherwise as well.

I am also facing random reboots as well, each reboots takes about 10 battery.:\

^^ Question already answered in last 2-3 days. Install the latest nightly build (N209/N210).

@xtremevicky --- Please read last 10-15 pages, if you dont have time its better u stick with stock ROM....its seriously irritating on how long u have been posting about the same thing again and again and ur MicroSD query going on & on !

TheOtherGuy said:
Mine was gen2 already, i rooted and installed the stable 7.0.3 as on the cyanogenmod help page.

Can you suggest some stable later version which has amrked improvement in battery? Should be stable otherwise as well.

I am also facing random reboots as well, each reboots takes about 10 battery.:\

Err, with cm7, stable doesn't mean stable. just trust us when we tell you to install the latest nightlies.

Or read up about cm7 version naming conventions.

Ok captain, will install the latest nightly, can I backup and restore my apps or will have to install everything anew!

I can't install builds every week, so was asking for the better builds. sorry for bugging so much and thanks for the help :D

edit: and do I have to install CWM again? because Rom manager shows its not installed currently.This is a little confusing.

I've never had much luck with rom manager, so i've always done it the manual way. I think i'm running cwm 3027 and it's fine.

first, make a full nandroid backup of your current rom in cwm. then, backup all your apps for later restore. now, first try flashing the new rom directly over the old one. it should work, but depending on apps there could be issues. if you have problems, first restore your nandroid backup, wipe dalvik, then try flashing over. If that doesn't work, then a full wipe, followed by app restore is the only way.

one step at a time.

Back