Less than 10K Zenfone 5 or Redmi Note or Yu Yureka

vigilante

Adept
Need an Android phone for wife under 10k.
Essential requirements : Big screen, good camera, good looks, decent battery.
I have shortlisted the Zenfone 5, Yu Yureka and Redmi Note in the mentioned order.
Below is short analysis for each phone based on slight hands-on usage and reviews on the net.

Zenfone 5: Looks good, good camera, and a slightly reputed brand name. Although underpowered as compared to other two, wifey wont be playing any resource intensive games. Currently selling at 8.5k on flipkart which makes it very lucrative. Not sure about lollipop update and have heard about battery issues.

Yu Yureka:
A very powerful beast specs-wise. Screen is bigger but I did not like the color reproduction and sharpness. Found the build quality just about decent. CM is a plus not for wife does not matter that much.

Redmi Note: Again a very powerful phone but average looking and wife did not like the display too much. She found the colors quite muted. (Personally it didn't bother me much, but then it was a -ve point for her)

Moto G 2nd gen at 11k is really good but wife thinks it's very plain-looking, so i could't convince her. I am leaning more towards Zenfone. Need advice from the respective phone users which would help me pick one up before this weekend.
TIA.

I would suggest Yureka, but you seem to have made your mind up. It has lots of features which even your wife would find useful Thanks to CM. Just to quote, the Built in App Locker to lock and hide any app. Also the Privacy Guard is very useful. Colored notifications etc. Also possible Lollipop update this week.

In the end, its up to you.

I would suggest Yureka, but you seem to have made your mind up. It has lots of features which even your wife would find useful Thanks to CM. Just to quote, the Built in App Locker to lock and hide any app. Also the Privacy Guard is very useful. Colored notifications etc. Also possible Lollipop update this week.

In the end, its up to you.

Everything about the Yureka is good and I was ready for this week's flash sale. But had a brief hands-on from a colleague and the screen just wasn't sharp enough (I was comparing with my own Galaxy S3 and a Moto G 1st gen). That was the only drawback I could find and my wife might make a big deal out of it.

Since you considered Moto G 2nd Gen, you might give HTC 620g a consideration as well?

And where did you spotted Moto G @ 11k?
HTC 620g is a above my budget and paying a few grands extra doesn't seem worth for the brand name.

Now I realize what you meant. But even if I go for the other two phones they're almost the same size I guess due to 5.5 inch screens. She has had a hands-on with redmi note and although the size was huge she didn't seem too concerned by it. One thing to worry about is that she drops her phone a lot. ( I sometimes wonder how the Xperia P she owns currently survived till date). So another factor to consider can be a good build quality which can survive a few falls here and there.

I'd rather go with Zenfone 5 with a bigger screen and a better camera since that falls within my budget.[DOUBLEPOST=1427264414][/DOUBLEPOST]I am reading reports of Zenfone 2 India launch in April. If the 16GB variant with 2 GB ram falls within my budget, I can wait out for a few days. Any hunches on the price and launch/availability dates?

Last edited:
The newly launched Huawei honor 4x could also fit in the bill. Except for the non-gorilla glass and Huawei's poor OS update, this looks good on paper at least.
Yeah, read about it. But not sure about their ASS. Although same can be said about MMX and Xiaomi, their user experience and satisfaction levels have increased tremendously.
Is the Moto G2 still available at 11K? IMO that is better than going with the likes of Redmi.
I think the offer still stands today. Plus there is additional 10% off on Axis bank cards. So the effective price should come about to be 10k. The only issue is the looks which unfortunately do matter for my wife.

Back