Budget 0-20k Z97 Build Suggestions

GV9830

Recruit
Questions

What is your budget?
15-25

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU
- (None)
CPU Cooler - DeepCool LS520 SE
Motherboard - (None)
GPU - MSI GTX 1070 8G Gaming X
RAM - G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-2133C9D-16GXH (DDR3)
PSU - (None)
Case - (None)

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name)?

CPU
- Intel i7-4790k
Motherboard - Z97 (MSI / Gigabyte / Asus Maximus)
PSU - Please suggest
Case - Please suggest

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore
Open to online purchase
(Please advise where I can buy these components)

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware?
Gaming
Browsing
Watching HD movies

What is your preferred monitor resolution?
1080p

Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 10 64 bit

Last edited:
Hell now I want to build one too.....damn you!!!!

Hey BTW, is this site legit by any means?
Hahaha, yes.

I'll show you what finally inspired me to go ahead with building this.
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wyHzK8

Although the build shown in this link is using the ASUS MAXIMUS VI with the Z87 chipset

Attachments

• 427224.688dda84a1940aab56f9a12b220d3d67.1600.jpg
    427224.688dda84a1940aab56f9a12b220d3d67.1600.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 427224.7f5c728f458a8e85276ba6fef74e166d.1600.jpg
    427224.7f5c728f458a8e85276ba6fef74e166d.1600.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 427224.0c2ddb5f3948d529e60a63bd8e7d9921.1600.jpg
    427224.0c2ddb5f3948d529e60a63bd8e7d9921.1600.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 427224.f57167fd34c26d09e40b2b594820b91d.1600.jpg
    427224.f57167fd34c26d09e40b2b594820b91d.1600.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 427224.64bb9b75fcb11bdd0dd647c61141a8da.1600.jpg
    427224.64bb9b75fcb11bdd0dd647c61141a8da.1600.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 427224.9c434eb65c62c48acac294d666e32f4b.1600.jpg
    427224.9c434eb65c62c48acac294d666e32f4b.1600.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
It is indeed for nostalgia sake. I have always wanted to build on LGA 1150 with the best parts of that time.
Do update if you find a decent board / system and post the finished build with it.

I've got a Z97 ITX + Xeon E3 1245v3 lying around at home that I'm going to put to use soon as well.

Do update if you find a decent board / system and post the finished build with it.
Thanks man, will do!

I may have potentially found a seller on the facebook marketplace for an Asus Z97-A motherboard along with the i7-4790k.
I am new to buying second hand items from facebook. The fact that it will be second hand from someone living in a different state, I am a bit skeptical.

The seller does not have the I/O shield included with the motherboard, he's willing to part with the bundle for Rs. 6500. I have told him I'll pay him 500 extra if he manages to get a hold of the I/O shield.
He said he'll try, I'll give him a couple more days to see if he comes back with something positive.

Any tips I can receive from the members here on buying second hand parts from a place like the facebook marketplace will be greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed and hopefully there's good news at the end of it.

I've got a Z97 ITX + Xeon E3 1245v3 lying around at home that I'm going to put to use soon as well.

That's really cool, what Z97 motherboard is it? I've always wanted to build in the ITX form factor but shied away from it due to the cost.

in a different state,
If you feel that the seller is genuine , then fine.
I usually avoid OLx / FB deals unless it's F2F.

Atleast on TE , you can check previous feedback and have that little bit of assurance of the seller being genuine.

Finding a board, one or another pops up on TE here every few months so do check the classifieds.

what Z97 motherboard is it?
This...had bought used as well locally.

Thanks man, will do!

I may have potentially found a seller on the facebook marketplace for an Asus Z97-A motherboard along with the i7-4790k.
I am new to buying second hand items from facebook. The fact that it will be second hand from someone living in a different state, I am a bit skeptical.

The seller does not have the I/O shield included with the motherboard, he's willing to part with the bundle for Rs. 6500. I have told him I'll pay him 500 extra if he manages to get a hold of the I/O shield.
He said he'll try, I'll give him a couple more days to see if he comes back with something positive.

Any tips I can receive from the members here on buying second hand parts from a place like the facebook marketplace will be greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed and hopefully there's good news at the end of it.

That's really cool, what Z97 motherboard is it? I've always wanted to build in the ITX form factor but shied away from it due to the cost.
Ensure that its a legit fb group first. Many groups out there where you cant even trust the admins. Always go for the admin method when buying from such marketplaces. You pay the admin. The admin releases the payment once you get the product. Double check the admin profile to ensure that it is actually the admin that you are speaking with and not an impersonator.

Ensure that its a legit fb group first. Many groups out there where you cant even trust the admins. Always go for the admin method when buying from such marketplaces. You pay the admin. The admin releases the payment once you get the product. Double check the admin profile to ensure that it is actually the admin that you are speaking with and not an impersonator.
It's just for this reason I never use FB. The only thing I ever bought off of it was keycaps for my RK84 which I bought after I saw your desk and after your strong recommendation. Anyway can you recommend few legit FB groups for PC stuff?

It's just for this reason I never use FB. The only thing I ever bought off of it was keycaps for my RK84 which I bought after I saw your desk and after your strong recommendation. Anyway can you recommend few legit FB groups for PC stuff?
Acro and Zoukart are the only ones that I have ever used and that too very rarely. I only use FB after I have looked at other options.

Acro and Zoukart are the only ones that I have ever used and that too very rarely. I only use FB after I have looked at other options.
Thanks for the Info man, Aprt from TE, what other options do you look at for PC stuff and tech in general? I have seen your posts on Reddit so that's one and a few guys lowballing so hard, it gave me a secondhand cringe.

Thanks for the Info man, Aprt from TE, what other options do you look at for PC stuff and tech in general? I have seen your posts on Reddit so that's one and a few guys lowballing so hard, it gave me a secondhand cringe.
I mostly stick to TE. Reddit barely works. Have never sold anything there. I have never been able to sell anything on IVG too. There are whatsapp groups but they are filled with resellers and good luck trying to find the actual owner of a listed product. I have maybe used them only once or twice.

I mostly stick to TE. Reddit barely works. Have never sold anything there. I have never been able to sell anything on IVG too. There are whatsapp groups but they are filled with resellers and good luck trying to find the actual owner of a listed product. I have maybe used them only once or twice.
Good to know man. At least I am not missing on anything good. At least on TE, I get some peace of mind and transparency.

Last edited:
If you feel that the seller is genuine , then fine.
I usually avoid OLx / FB deals unless it's F2F.

Now I am second guessing my decision to look in FB for a deal based off yours and roygarg's feedback.

Atleast on TE , you can check previous feedback and have that little bit of assurance of the seller being genuine.
I did try to post a WTB message on here, but only saw a pinned post saying WTB is restricted for new users.

The problem is, I am not buying through an FB group, I got in touch with the seller via WhatsApp based on the ad listing they had on there.

Nothing has been purchased yet, but I might not go through with it if I don't get a proper middle man (admin) as you have suggested to handle the transaction as a third party.

I will try to dig and find that listing on FB again to check if the ad was posted in a group whose admin I can get in touch with.

Thank you for the great advice!

Last edited:
Back