Youtele & tata indicom users help!

jumbo5

Adept
Youtele users -

I've UN 650 (192kb/s) unlimited acc.

I was using UN450(96kb/s) for last 2 yrs & switched to UN650 plan couple of days ago.
I was on static Ip on UN 450 but thay have put me on dynamic ip on UN 650.so i've to enter username pw n all.Plus i dont find much difference in speed between UN450 & UN650.
youtele speed test results -

UN450 234kb/s
UN650 260kb/s

I guess according to the plan the UN650 plan speed should b exactly double of UN450 right?

Secondly they have kept all old users on static ip,while new users & switch over users like me on dynamic.What could be the reason for this.

They told me that for 192kb/s my d/l speed is 24kb/s ( 192/8 = 24)
But i read somewhere that 2 cal ur d/l speed u should divide the numerator by 6??

Incase i'm not satisfied with youtele i would like to switch over to tataindicom
Request you to anwer my queries -

I'm intrested Unlimited-Power On & On 3-256.

• Do i have to pay total MRP value for Installation value (for 3 months)?
  • Do i've to pay the total charge + 500(installation in 1 payment?
  • What is the final amt after taxes? r there any other hidden charges.
  • Is there a monthly modem rent?
  • For 256kbps what is the downloading speed i'll get?
  • After submitting docs and applying when will i get connected (time period for activation)?
  • As an unlimited user do i've to use a dialer (username-pw) for connecting to the internet OR will
  • i get a static ip-address?
  • After 3 months is there a cheque drop system for renewal for next 3 months?
  • For unilimited d/l users is there a 'daily d/l limit'?
  • Overall how is there after sales service?

I was on the same plan, but fixed IP, when I was in Bandra. I switched over to Tata Indicom when I shifted.

I was getting max throughput of 20kB/s on torrents, and 22kB/s on downloads from direct server.

24kB/s is the theoretical maximum on a 192 kb/s connection.

I'm paying three times the cost of that connection for a 512 kb/s unlimited connection from TI, which has been satisfactory so far, though it's stuttering a bit in the daytime now.

8 is the right divisor for a home connection. I don't know who gave you the figure of 6. It depends on your connection. We run a 1:1 TI 512kB/s connection as the third backup line for our office, which is right next to my house. Note: kB, not kb.

As to your second set of questions:

* Do i have to pay total MRP value for Installation value (for 3 months)?

* Do i've to pay the total charge + 500(installation in 1 payment?

* What is the final amt after taxes? r there any other hidden charges.

* Is there a monthly modem rent?

Not familiar with the prepaid system, you might want to call the CC and check.

* For 256kbps what is the downloading speed i'll get?

On 512kb/s I get ~60kB/s, so for 256 you should get about half that or a little less, I'd say 28-29 kB/s.

* After submitting docs and applying when will i get connected (time period for activation)?

* As an unlimited user do i've to use a dialer (username-pw) for connecting to the internet OR will

* i get a static ip-address?

* After 3 months is there a cheque drop system for renewal for next 3 months?

All these Qns are better asked of the CC.

* For unilimited d/l users is there a 'daily d/l limit'?

Unlimited logs you out automatically after 11 hours of last login or a few hours of inactivity (no data transfer). You have to figure out a way to auto-login, which I did.

* Overall how is there after sales service?

Depends on your area and the service provider. I have no complaints with mine, but a lot of people have very negative experiences with them, so you might want to check with a few people in your area.

HTH

Y do v have 2 divide the total speed with 8 to get the download speed?
Is it done everywhere in the world or only in INDIA.

A byte is 8 bits, that's why. b is bit, B is byte. That's why you have to divide.

Auto login is done using a screen macro to run the login procedure, and a scheduler schedules it every 12 hours. I lose 2 hours a day, but that's not usually a issue with me. I did have it setup to do logout and re-login every 10 hours, but sometimes the TI system logs you out after 11 hours anyway, so sometimes I'd lose 3 days of transfers or folding if I was travelling.

When you setup, you've to be careful to allow enough time for the page to auto-load (I set the delays manually) between actions. Four to five minutes is usually enough for the procedure to always complete correctly.

thanx again sangram.

i query -

Does static or dynamic ip address affect your downloading speed.
I was working on static for 2 yrs on 96kbps plan,now they gave me dynamic for 192kbps plan i dont c any speed diff.
youtele told me that from january onwards they give dyanamic ids only wherein u have to login username n pw for accesing.But those who have taken the plan in 2007 theirs will remain static until unlessthey change the plan.
I find that those working with static ip addresses r much more comfortable in speeds than those with dynamic ips.

Is it true technically?
Why do these service providers give dynamic ips to UNLIMITED plan users?
Is there a wastage of bandwidth with static ips?

Back