PC Peripherals your Suggestions about this HSF...

Guys,i'm getting this gorgeous blue ASUS HSF brand new f0r 1500/-....
Has anyone got it,or read review of the same? Thrs just one issue,its weight..just too much for my liking...but since i have an ASUS P4P800, i think thr will be no compatibility issues,rit??

Attachments

• 999_images_products_92_92_m.jpg
    999_images_products_92_92_m.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 158
Ok...so its an Asus Star Ice series HSF...
Asus is providin it as a gift wid A8N-e SLI...now my vendor's got an extra unit which he wud sell for 1500/- though the market price of the separate HSF unit is quoted to be around 2.5k...so is it a god buy?
Specs:
CPU Support
LGA 775, Socket 478, K7, K8
Connector
2 sets for 3-in-1
Net Weight (g)
680 g
Heatsink
Dimension (mm)
86 x 80 x 120
Material
Copper base + Copper stacked fins with heat-pipes (Φ6 x 3 pcs)
Fan
Dimension (mm)
80 x 80 x 25
Bearing Type
1 ball
Speed
1500 ~ 4500 rpm ± 10%
Max. Airflow
47 CFM
Max. Air Pressure
0.32 inch-H2O
Rated Voltage
12V
Operation Voltage
5~13V
Life Expectation
50,000 Hr
Certification
CE, UL, TUV

Please see this link..http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=7&l2=38&l3=0&model=92&modelmenu=1

I wouldn't put that thing on my proccy even if someone pays me for it :D. Anyway jokes apart, that HSF sucks. The few reviews I've read of it say that its cooling capabilities are not very good. 1500 bucks is way too much for that piece of crap.

But then can u tell me of any other HSF unit in tht range other than the Stock P4 unit tht i'm getting for 1200....
Woah..just look at the size of tht behemoth...

Attachments

• DSCF1002small.jpg
    DSCF1002small.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF1022small.jpg
    DSCF1022small.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 149
CaaYoTee said:
But then can u tell me of any other HSF unit in tht range other than the Stock P4 unit tht i'm getting for 1200....
Woah..just look at the size of tht behemoth...
There'll be lots of thermaltakes in that price range. Check them out at prime.

If u r ready to go upto Rs. 2300/-............ then get a THERMALTAKE SILENT 775

& if u really wanna something amazing then @ Rs 3450/- get Thermaltake tower 90

both from Prime ABGB

Bargain with ur dealer.. 1000 bucks shud be decent price to pay for it.. and like Chaos pointed it out, the reviews dont look gr8 about the HSF.

On a side note, its gr8 to learn that Asus is actually providing this FREE with A8N-SLi Dlx!!!

Hey thanks for ur inputs, and hey masky, m not too good when it comes to bargaining..;)..wish u were in pune... :p jkn ..btw, i read this review...these guys r pretty happy wid it...dont kno how much it'll work here in Hot humid india!!
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/asusicecooler/

Ok any other suggestions in the 1500-2000 bucks range..actually 'm saving mooney for the thing tht actually matters now..cranking up my memory bank from 512mb to 1gb...so now much left for the cooler....!

if You are not buying it ask ur dealer if he will sell it to me for 1200/-. i need the copper base and the heat pipes for a cooling project. the plastic body with the fan, i can gift it to some toddler in my building , as an aircraft jet engine ,to play with.

Kindly lemme know .......

please can somebody tell me where i can find Tharmaltake products or for that matter any good HSF in Delhi. pls give me the address or phone number.
any chance if i can find Thermalright in Delhi??

borngenius said:
please can somebody tell me where i can find Tharmaltake products or for that matter any good HSF in Delhi. pls give me the address or phone number.
any chance if i can find Thermalright in Delhi??

In Delhi check with Surmeet Bhatia -9899890167 - he is connected with Prime, Mumbai.

Back