Your garden variety 'Help Me Buy an Air Conditioner' Thread

chinmay

Disciple
Hi Guys,

As the summer heat draws close here in the state of Bihar, I am planning to change the AC in my office and would like your inputs and recommendation.

Constant info :-

Office Size - 100 sq. ft.

Office Height Floor to Ceiling - 8 ft

Office construction Material - Wooden partitions on 2 side wall, concrete wall on the other 2 sides. Flooring is Tiles.

Furniture Occupied - I think around 25% of the room volume is occupied by furnitures, and merchandise.

Office Environment - Very High Dust Environment. We are exporters of textile, and deal with raw fabrics, yarns and textile all the time. Have to clean the AC vent everyday which is blocked by a layer of lint.

AC used previously - Voltas Vertis Wall AC - 0.6 Tons.

Problem with the current AC - Compressor turns off after running for maximum 5 minutes (Has been checked by several service stations, apparently the AC is too old and too small for functioning)

Variable Info :-

Buget - 30-40k (I have no idea of the current prices, but i would not want to spend a lot)

Machinery contributing to the temperature - 1 Pc and 2 High performance laptops

Brand Invasion in my Area - Samsung and Voltas have good service. Using Voltas, O'general, and Samsung at home and service is provided by calling to the dealer. They send their people free of cost till the warranty exists and minimal costs after the warranty.

Brand Preference - You tell me!

Type - Split (It'll be really difficult and cost intensive to blow a bigger hole in the wall)

Req - Hot and Cold is not really required as i reckon it will be expensive. The winters here are harsh though. But manageable by a Heater/Blower. Please convince me what are the pros of buying a hot and cold AC, how much is the price and performance difference and whether is it really worth it?

I reckon I have been pretty exhaustive with the info and the thread is self explanatory. Any contribution, links, details, given in a positive light will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Back