Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Just Platiniumed Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, completed all 4 endings and defeated all mini bosses including optional bosses and picked up every consumable items scattered around the world. This took me 7 playthroughs but this game has been a ride. When I first started it in 2019 I couldn't get past the first major mini boss of the game and rage quit it. Again tried it during lockdown but again rage quit it becaue of the same mini boss. Then tried it again this year and carefully learned it mechanics and combat. This game has a steep learning curve that is off putting for many but once it clicks, it has become one of my favorite games. The more you play it the better you get at combat, I can now defeat many bosses on first try, that's why I love this game it just show you your progress and how far you have come.
Not sure if I'll like Elden Ring after Sekiro, Sekiro is pure combat based and linear while Elden Ring is more like how much grinding you can do or which build you have started with.

Played Horizon Zero Dawn after my GPU upgrade, dam this game made me almost miss my weekly updates because I was busy playing even during job hours and trying to skill up and find resource. Loved the colors and surrounding specially the graphics. The arrows when you shoot from a distance the sound it makes when hitting a head shot is amazing. Overall amazing game I didn't expected it to that fun.
Played COD Cold War 3, completed the game in a day and it gave a feeling that I am back to 2010, the graphics looks so bad I just couldn't enjoy the game.

Completed Baldur's Gate 3 in 62hrs. It deserves to be the Game of the Year, better than many GoTY winners from the past few years, games like Elden Ring, RDR2, God of War, etc. The isometric camera view & turn based combat put me off from trying it at launch, but the freedom & flexibility with which you can proceed your story is something I never saw earlier, even in games like Mass Effect Trilogy or Witcher 3. I agree BG3 is a different genre of game but I enjoyed it, will do a 2nd playthrough after some time (maybe after a year).

There have been very few games where I completed the campaign more than once, like Witcher 3, ME 2, AC Origins, AC Black Flag, GTA V, to name a few.

Completed Baldur's Gate 3 in 62hrs. It deserves to be the Game of the Year, better than many GoTY winners from the past few years, games like Elden Ring, RDR2, God of War, etc. The isometric camera view & turn based combat put me off from trying it at launch, but the freedom & flexibility with which you can proceed your story is something I never saw earlier, even in games like Mass Effect Trilogy or Witcher 3. I agree BG3 is a different genre of game but I enjoyed it, will do a 2nd playthrough after some time (maybe after a year).

There have been very few games where I completed the campaign more than once, like Witcher 3, ME 2, AC Origins, AC Black Flag, GTA V, to name a few.
I disagree based on the fact that I haven’t played baldurs gate just like you haven’t played tears of the kingdom.
Whos on my side? Team totk lets gooooo.

I disagree based on the fact that I haven’t played baldurs gate just like you haven’t played tears of the kingdom.
Whos on my side? Team totk lets gooooo.
Sorry to disappoint but I will likely never play TOTK because Nintendo wants exclusivity (likely most Indian gamers will never play it) & they don't even sell Switch officially in India (although if it was available that wouldn't have changed anything for me).

Gaming is an expensive hobby & I feel Switch makes the least sense as a gaming device (just my opinion, Google & Apple might do better in future & kill Switch).

Finally after a couple years I've started to play games again.
Within last couple weeks I've completed Spiderman Remastered (1.5 weeks) and Miles Morales (3 days). Excellent story games BTW.

Major factor was holiday weekend due to Diwali and some leaves from work which gave me time and strength to play.

Thing is once you start reducing your gaming time or skip a few days. It doesn't take time for it to become weeks, months and years. Then we start to get too lazy to even launch games (active entertainment) and dedicate some time to it, rather keep sitting/lying and watch movies/shows (passive entertainment). At least that's the case with me (+ I don't have friends who persuade me to play anymore).

Still have a long list to go through.

Thing is once you start reducing your gaming time or skip a few days. It doesn't take time for it to become weeks, months and years. Then we start to get too lazy to even launch games (active entertainment) and dedicate some time to it, rather keep sitting/lying and watch movies/shows (passive entertainment)
This was the exact reason why I stopped playing PC games and even turning my PC on. Getting a console mostly solved this for me. I don't know the exact factor, maybe it's ease of use, or maybe I'm using same screen to watch movies and play console games, but I don't feel that lazy when I play on my console.

Thing is once you start reducing your gaming time or skip a few days. It doesn't take time for it to become weeks, months and years. Then we start to get too lazy to even launch games (active entertainment) and dedicate some time to it, rather keep sitting/lying and watch movies/shows (passive entertainment). At least that's the case with me (+ I don't have friends who persuade me to play anymore).
Exactly what I've gone through but it feels great when you finally play any game and realize you still have it in you. Now for a week I have 2 games on my radar but can't decide which one to start as I would only have time to play only one.
Any suggestion which one to choose (God of War OR Miles Morales OR Uncharted Legacy of Thieves)

Finally after a couple years I've started to play games again.
Within last couple weeks I've completed Spiderman Remastered (1.5 weeks) and Miles Morales (3 days). Excellent story games BTW.

Major factor was holiday weekend due to Diwali and some leaves from work which gave me time and strength to play.

Still have a long list to go through.
Real even though you would be quite older than me but at 23 I do feel the same
Exactly what I've gone through but it feels great when you finally play any game and realize you still have it in you. Now for a week I have 2 games on my radar but can't decide which one to start as I would only have time to play only one.
Any suggestion which one to choose (God of War OR Miles Morales OR Uncharted Legacy of Thieves)
Miles Morales if you're looking for a quick and fun game also connected to Spooderman 2 which will come out soon (for PC)

Miles Morales if you're looking for a quick and fun game also connected to Spooderman 2 which will come out soon (for PC)
At 23 I would make time for games :D

I wanted to try some FPS shooting game but there aren't many these days, then thought to play Farcry 3 or 4 but the graphics wouldn't be 2023 standard and after that no farcry game gave same feeling.

At 23 I would make time for games :D

I wanted to try some FPS shooting game but there aren't many these days, then thought to play Farcry 3 or 4 but the graphics wouldn't be 2023 standard and after that no farcry game gave same feeling.
Try Far cry 6 and play as the Girl, amazing story.

Try Far cry 6 and play as the Girl, amazing story.
I played a month ago, story is utter garbage IMO. Still had some fun.
Yes, once you get the courage to launch the game and play for a few minutes that can stretch to hours again but when you quit again same story you get lazy to sit again.
If you want short and decent story with some fun then Miles Morales is the way to go. If you want a good story length and gameplay then Uncharted hands down.

GoW only if you're a fan, I didn't play it as I'm not attached to the character since I didn't play previous parts.
Not too old man, still under 30 :p

GoW. The game is a bloody masterpiece. Even if you've never played the previous entries, this game will grip you. It's one of the best games I've ever played and ever made.

Back