Yahoo Messenger Installation problems

TheMask

Skilled
ever since i installed my DFI board I cant seem to get Yahoo Messenger to run.. i downloaded the latest version and installed it.. but when i try to run the same it gives me the following error:

yahoomessengerinstallationerro.jpg

http://img239.echo.cx/img239/2109/yahoomessengerinstallationerro.jpg

cud ya tell me what cud be the problem?

TheMask posted 2.1 minutes later:

I used to get similar problem in my old (A8NE) rig when i had installed SP2.. i have uninstalled XP2 now, but the problem still persists..

I am running Windows XP Home with Service Pack 1a..

had a similar issue last time when i had a dell , went away after increasing the page file size .. try and see if it helps

@Aces170

No doubt Gaim is a terrific messenger, i have used it too, but then it does not provide u with the additional features that each messenger has... its more of a Basic Messenger, like u dont have Voice chat, or winks (msn), or the customized animated smileys for that matter, not even the Buzz feature, so it wud depend on one's choice of having these additional features or be content with basic messenger

Last edited by a moderator:
yep but its multi platform friendly, has multi IM's rolled into one, infact you can sign on multi users. Plus it has Jabber too. Its open source for starters, its not resource hungry nor as jazzy as all the IM's.No ads.... It has custom smiley packages. The list goes on.... surely thats a small price for lack of winks and nudges !!!

Back