Laptops Xps 1730

:)On some dell products there will be no taxes charged....However they would mention that it would take another 5 days extra shipping time.

I was thinking about going for something like this.. Any suggestions? The downgrade to Xp sp2 with Vista Ultimate is cheaper then getting only Ultimate..:S Maybe cuz i don't get the 56k modem.. but then again i wont be using that in any case now will i?? :)
Will the 8700GT SLI be sufficient for most games in the future? There's no way i'll be changing somethng this expensive for atleast the next 2 yrs.. I wouldn't mind going the entire way but still.. 23000 is a hell of a lot of money.. Why they don't offer a single GTX i don't know :mad:
Any idea on what kinda discount i might get on this??:)

Total Price: Rs 123,269.00
(All prices are inclusive of delivery but exclusive of tax)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T9300 2.5GHz, 6MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB
Genuine Windows Vista(R) Ultimate + Windows(R) XP Professional Downgrade Rights
Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
17.0 " UltraSharp(TM) Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT Display with TrueLife(TM)
Crimson Red LCD display with Integrated 2.0 mega pixel web cam
4GB (2x2GB) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
200GB SATA 7200RPM Performance Hard Drive
Internal 8X DVD + /-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities Roxio Creator 10
Dual 512MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8800M GTX with NVIDIA(R) SLI(TM) Technology
DVI to HDMI Cable
Intel(R) 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini-Card
9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Dell(TM) XPS M1730 Nylon Backpack
Shipment Box with No Case
230W Primary AC Adapter
TV-out cable w/ SPDIF
Composite SPDIF Cable
Microsoft(R) Works 9.0 (Does Not Include Microsoft(R) Office 2003/2007 Software)
McAfee(R) Security Center(TM) – 30 days trial
Dell Care
1 Year Priority PC User 24x7 Support (Round-The-Clock Technical Assistance)
Regional Support Within Asia Pacific Countries For Laptops
1 Year - HelpDesk (Software, Virus, Spyware & Peripherals)
1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover
1 ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PCMCIA CARDS)
8-in-1 media card reader
Dell Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad and 10-numeric key
LightFX perimeter lighting
Logitech GamePanel
Dell(TM) MediaDirect
Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000
Dell(TM) Travel Remote Control

Thx for the info Techman.. But I think the build quality and other stuff of the Dell would be much better.. Moreover i'm studying in Vellore currently.. Whenever there's ne problem in ne of the Dell lappy's they send people rite down to our hostel to fix them.. Part of the warranty apparently since we're so near to Bangalore and Chennai.. If any other company's lappy goes kaput its a month long wait in some cases.. :S No chance of changing brand unless its a VERY lucrative deal.. I'm getting a lot in terms of service here.. :eek:hyeah:

One question though.. Is there ANY lappy in India with a 8800GTS or a SINGLE 8800GTX? :huh:

I did mate.. but i didn't want to bother you until i'm completely sure of what i'm getting.. :bleh: Can you give me any idea of what kinda discount i might get? :)

rahulhbk said:
I did mate.. but i didn't want to bother you until i'm completely sure of what i'm getting.. :bleh: Can you give me any idea of what kinda discount i might get? :)

I appreciate this kind of concern :) , suppose the config you have selected comes to around 1.25L with tax, shipping and everything. The discount should be around 20k.

Its coming to Rs.138505.. :S But MP isn't listed there so i don't know abt that VAT and OCTROI and all... I'll be getting it delivered to Bhopal... :)

rahulhbk said:
Thx for the info Techman.. But I think the build quality and other stuff of the Dell would be much better.. Moreover i'm studying in Vellore currently.. Whenever there's ne problem in ne of the Dell lappy's they send people rite down to our hostel to fix them.. Part of the warranty apparently since we're so near to Bangalore and Chennai.. If any other company's lappy goes kaput its a month long wait in some cases.. :S No chance of changing brand unless its a VERY lucrative deal.. I'm getting a lot in terms of service here.. :eek:hyeah:

One question though.. Is there ANY lappy in India with a 8800GTS or a SINGLE 8800GTX? :huh:

I agree on the point that dell has a good warranty policy. But the fact is that ACER now a days manufactures competitive products. For example take the ACER 4520 its still a VFM low end gaming laptop. I am having this one for the past 1 year and no problems as of yet.
8800 GTS G92 you mean ? or the G80 ... coz there is no 8800 GTX in g92.

Yes, MP is not listed on the site. However if you select Delhi to get an idea of the tax, this is the breakup..

Total Amount Rs 123,269.00
Total Amount Before Tax Rs 123,269.00
CD/CVD/Excise Duty Rs 15,236.05
VAT - 4% Rs 5,540.20
Total Amount Before OCTROI TAX Rs 144,045.25
OCTROI - 0% Rs 0.00
Total Tax Rs 20,776.25
Total Amount After Tax Rs 144,045.25

@ techman - yea i meant the 8800m GTS G92.. I think the only lappy i've ever found using this was one from Gigabyte.. Why Dell doesn't offer it in the Inspiron 1720 i dont know..

@Shakensoul - Thx a lot mate.. I'll definately get in touch with you soon.. :)

Back