XP probs

sid.abu

Disciple
hey guys my 256mb laptop is having tons of probs
1>its hell slow
2>i tried defragmenting it,but its still slow
3>deleted all the temp files
4>manged some settings(in computer manage)
5>to boot up it takes abt 15mins :(
Please help,i am plannin to increase the ram to abt 2gb for vista :hap2: as for now pls send me some useful tips to increase its performance

will try,is there any other stuff that can be done to increase my performance of my laptop???apart from the RAM which I am getting

what i'd suggest u is to go to My computer properties-advanced and then visual setting/performance. There select da option Adjust for da best performance, click ok and apply that. Then restart ur comp. Yes abt ur a/v dont use Norton 06 as it needs hell of a memory and eats almost 80% of ur resources. Better switch to Kaspersky or D BEST NOD32. Question of spyware and malware..so u can use some other stand alone application. This will help u and will fasten ur comp by 40% more :)
About ur ram u can upgrade ur ram to 512/1gb now itself.. and get another 1gb stick when VISTA is released.
This is wht i'd suggest u to do and wud have done myself if it was my own problem.

This SHUD give u relief :)

k,now ihave a bigger prob(i am sry guys) but the notebook is getting hot real fast and maybe coz of that heat present the notebook just shuts down automaticaly and i am losing tons of wrk,ny suggestions as to y this is happening
and ya i have got the kaspersky,firefox but it still shuts down automatically

pls help:( :( :( :huh:

What is processor usage ? , check out in task manager if any taking 100% CPU.

How is it shutting down ? illegal shutdown ? or with shutdown screen ?

Second is , check in event log if any error. To view event log , goto Control Pannel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

done,but my other lappy is doin all strange stuff like when ever i am on ny application the computer doesnt respond i am usin avg for that and zonealarm pls help as in y is the lappy aint respondin to me,it responds to me only after i use the alt+tab key pls help

Back