Xiaomi Redmi 1S goes on sale on Flipkart for Rs. 5999

Have you tried to do multitasking such as Email client, Whats app, Music player and Browsing simultaneously?

Everything works
Can you detail the issue? Are apps FCing?

Mainly games FC-ing, apart from that multitasking work great. Once KK 4.4 / MIUI 6 is released memory management and multitasking should improve (for games). The UI is super smooth. Although the free RAM hovers around 200 MB (similar to Moto G) but once the phone gets a bit heated up, the performance gets slightly reduced till the temperature is back on track.

Buttons not being backlit is a deal breaker for me . I use the phone to read at night and in today's times no backlight on buttons is a major put off for me .

Buttons not being backlit is a deal breaker for me . I use the phone to read at night and in today's times no backlight on buttons is a major put off for me .
tbh, I also had the same reservations. But since Android only has three buttons, figuring out left-center-right is quite intuitive.

They really should've included the backlighting, but I'm surprised I was not missing it as much as I'd thought. I mean there's even a notification LED but no button backlighting, very odd if cost is the reason.

(Positive : you no longer look towards the buttons, eyes are focussed on the screen. Actually a boon for night time usage - I watch videos/TV shows at night and it is less distracting than looking at buttons).

In my s3 and s4 buttons light goes off when watching a movie .
If they remain off, that's a nice feature. But when you touch a button on any phone, the backlighting comes back on (for a duration that can be configured in settings).

My phone has been shipped today, from bengaluru. (Expected delivery says 11th Sept)

:)
Good to know they have started shipping.

I saw lots of orders confirmed yesterday, I suppose they got stock for even the 9th Sept sale (if Zauba site is to be believed). That would mean second batch phones will be shipped this week itself.

order was shipped in morning, and received by 11.30 also, damn that was fast. (Sad part me not at home to receive :( ):meh:
That was quick :D

Phone dropped out of my pocket while I was driving, I didn't notice. Obviously had a scare an hour later... finally found it lying on the car seat.

Hi Guys, Please somebody help me buy RedMi in todays sale. I can give the account details which is registered for RedMi sale. Pls PM me.
Thanks in advance.

Trying from two accounts, Hope to get one for wife...

I see a lag of 30-40 seconds in two accounts which I am handling from pc and mobile. Mobile is lagging one... Anything can be done here ?

Those who are just trying and giving away, let me know need one... TIA

Back