Graphic Cards Xfx 4850 1gb gddr3

@sagar_coolx: dude hold on your horse - no one is questioning about your knowledge in OS & all; we are all here trying to help the OP in the best possible way with our limited knowledge.

Consider the following statement of OP

someone help me plz ... i got my card yesterday .. when i plugged it in to my computer ,.,, there is display .. but i cant read of it .. all the wrong colors at teh wrong places .. lines vertcally and horizontally .. .. . ic ant even read or open up my pc

- He has not mentioned clearly whether he able to cross the Bios screen or not

- whether he is problem in Windows only or not

By the way .. i did not made any changes .. i plugged the card in .. it was not working ,, took it to my frnds place wasnt even working in there !

- He is not even removed the earlier graphics driver -cleaned and installed the new one

- How can you expect to work the card correctly in Windows if you don't cleared the older drivers and installed the new one

This is to confirm that the card is OK before going through the painful (more painful here) procedure of RMA.

sagar_coolx said:
KK..i guess i was high on sugar then...

but for me, what nails the case is thet it shows the same symptoms in his friend's pc..

If someone high on cash and over-smartly think graphics card as a plug-n-play usb device - what can we expect :rofl:

sagar_coolx said:
if u have even a little idea of pc architecture, u'll know that
BIOS is the very first program or "software" that runs in a pc..in that too theres an order..
1.the mobo BIOS executes
2.it gives a call to all other BIOS'es(gfx card included)

then a lot of other things later, it boots into the O.S.
and a lot more things later, the "INSTALLABLE" drivers come into play.
now if the card is showing graphic corruption at the bios level itself,it points to two things:
BIOS corruption-solution:try updating firmware
Hardware fault-solution:RMA

I agree, drivers do not have anything to do with BIOS.
1) My Bios was perfectly fine, no checksum errors. Nvidia cards were never an issue.
2) I don't think its an hardware failure either. Card is happily running overclocked @700, not a glitch so far.

Anything else you can think of, with respect to issue I had.

It'd be much easier for us, if TS wishes to provide a more clear picture of the issue.
I could see a lot of people with screen freeze issues, when switching over to ATi from Nvidia for the first time, and with older ATI drivers too. Macs with 4850 had this infamous screen freeze and screen black issues, which was later fixed by a new driver.

@Julian
Well i did cald them up and they said to import the card to Hong Kong they will get it replaced there, want sure who will pay for the return shipping,, so i dropped the idea .. but atleast they tried !

@satyanjoy
brother i knw i am dumb in general life .. but atleast not with computers ..i knw i need to change the bios settings .. did dat .. obvisouily !

For all the people who think ITS A DRIVER ISSUE .. WELL ITS NOT !! I cant even see the basic intel logo during post .. properly .. that logo does not needs drivers !!

Anyhow ..
I asked reverted back to XFX usa .. they say to send it to Hong Kong ... dropped the idea

I reverted back to amazon.com .. they say they will refund me the enite 124.09$ + what ever i am charged from fed ex if i show them the receipt ..( i knw really nice of them ) .. still have thuis option but i wont go for it as i want the card !

I went to raashi yesterday .. they did not accepted my card ... i wrote a email to there headquaters in mumbai .. exchanged a few emails with Mr. Ashok there .... they agreed to send my card back to USA for a fee of Rs.2500. I agreed to it ! I went there ... and yes for all of u intelligent people who think drivers were corrupt .. the card was faulty .. !! They made me a receipt ... and ask me to check back in 15 days ! Though thereceipt says replacement can take apporx 45 days. But they did not took any cash from me . May they will take it when i go to pick up my card ... may b they wont ... only time will tell !!!!

The best part is .. if they decide not to send it to USA .. they would have to Give me 4870 1 gb version ... ( confirmed from people over there ) as Rashi only has a 512 mb of this version .. and since they cannot downgrade me .. they will have to give me a upgraded version !
Hope everything goes gud !
Fingers Crossed !!
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Himanshunegi198 said:
I reverted back to amazon.com .. they say they will refund me the enite 124.09$ + what ever i am charged from fed ex if i show them the receipt ..( i knw really nice of them ) .. still have thuis option but i wont go for it as i want the card !

himanshu, if i were you i would go for the refund and buy another card. it should be more painless than other options. not sure how much it would cost you to go about gettng the refund in the first place so factor that in. 2500 seems a bit steep for rashi to send it, but they're like that only! ashok goenka is a cool dude, but he's usually the last word when it comes to the tech/support dept.

satyanjoy said:
If someone high on cash and over-smartly think graphics card as a plug-n-play usb device - what can we expect :rofl:

dude, you seem to have an attitude problem. cool it. why jump to conclusions about being rich and oversmart? if you don't have anything positive to contribute then it's better to shut up.

@Julian

thank You for the advise brother ... trust me my friends also laughed at me a lot when i told them i paid them extra for the g card replacement .. but now it was not about the g card anymore .. 1st i had trouble buying it .. then got trouble to arrange someone who can bring it to me in India ... and now this .!! It was like now i had to run THIS ONLY CARD ONLY IN MY PC ... !! I know its stupid on my part .. but thats me ! Anyway i don`t need a g card that bad .. i have a Xbox ... if i would have gone for the refund now ... i probably would not have bought it for next 2-3 years !

But how do u knw Ashok ..? Am sure he is a nice guy .. he helped me .. when no one else at raashi was available.. if it wasnt for him i would have gone for the refund .. !

@satyanjoy

DO AS JULIAN SAYS !

Will update as soon as i get my G Card back or any news abt it !

I feel your pain dude. I went through a pretty similar thing with my old iaudio, which i ended up couriering to singapore to claim warranty, and then conked off again after the warranty expired. it really sux that india is still cut off from the rest of the world in many aspects.

i had some interaction with ashok when i needed some tech specs for my a7n8x-vm to build a tv-out cable back in 2003. then after that when my sony writer failed and they were stalling saying that it's working with most discs, one email to ashok had them give me a brand-new, newer model. sadly, these days rashi have become huge, and people like ashok are less err, accessible, but it's good to hear that he's still helping out.

please do let us know what happens with your card, will be checking this page...

p.s. did you have your card shipped to india or someone brought it with them? i'm trying to figure out what shipping and customs costs these days if an individual (not the store) couriers a computer part to india.

absolutely .. will update the page !!!

+

abt the shipping ...someone brought it down for me ... shipping charges would have killed me ! I enquired fed ex abt the charges to ship it back to US .. was coming down to 3000-3200 includeing shipping !

If you want your item to b shipped to u . try ebay.com ... have bought many items from it .. never had a problem + sometimes shipping is free !!

cheers for the tips. not a big fan of ebay though. the plan was to ask some buddies in the US to buy from newegg and ship it to me.

@Julian: keep your suggestions with you; I am cool as I am

@Himanshunegi198 : since this is a forum - I have nothing to say about you

As an update i gave the 2500 to Rashi service center and they gave me the recipt ...

while i was in nehru palace .. i enquired abt the price of smps ..

1)cooller master 460 extreme power - Rs 2400

2) zebronics 550 pro series - Rs 2500

3)Zebronics 600 pro series - Rs 2600

* all have 3 yrs warranty

Just wanted ask you people what should i go for .... i will be buying it when i go back to collect my graphics card.

My system has

Intel q6600

Intel DG33FB mobo

2GB Kingstion Ram 667Mhz .. ( might upgarde to 4gb 800Mhz in abt future)

1 segate 80gb .. ( might buy another >160gb hdd )

1 Samsung dvd write

1 PCI RAID CARD

*XFX 4850 1 gb ddr 3

Might add about 1-2 90-120mm fans ( as satyanjoy said 4850 gets real hot )

What shld be best for me .. CM 450 or Zebby 550/600 pro?

@clown_abhi

Brother , i knw crossair is gud ... but its just 400watt .. if i upgrade i might have problem .. plus i think its >3000 .. so dont fell like going CX400 way

Also Gigabyte 460w .. is it better then CM 450 ( extreme power ) .... if so ... can u tell me the exact price .. i think someone her said around 2.2 k .. and wt abt the warranty .

^ Don't always look for W ratings instead look for Efficiency, Amp ratings and Brand.

Those you mentioned are not of good efficiency as well as brand(though CM brand is good but Extreme series is no good). And you can't compare build quality of gigabyte and Corsair. I am not saying Gigabyte is bad but if you compare corsair wins race.

My bet would be Corsair CX400 or Seasonic 430W.

I would any day advise the Corsair CX400 over the Gigabyte if price is ok upto 3k. Even if it is 400W but its far more efficient and trustworthy than any other.
I think the CX400 can take upto 460W continuous. :cool2:

For ur requirement as of now, a Gigabyte should suffice, but if u are planning on an upgrade, go for CX400.

OK .. for now i will go for gigabyte super 460 ... !! Someone knows the price for it .. and the warranty period .. !!

+

Just out of curiosity .. out of CM 460(70% efficient) and Zebby 600(80% efficient) which is better ???

Back