XBOX One - News, Rumors & Speculations

So Sony will make some money by selling Blu Ray tech on each Xbox One? Good for them.

Very predictable conference Forza, Madden and Call of Duty. No teaser of any new IPs.

xnlQz8O.gif

As of now, am disappointed with the Wii U, PS 4 and XboX reveals. (Wii U more so because it has been out for a while).

As suspected after watching the conference it is confirmed that the next consoles are targeting more towards the drawing room entertainment than personal entertainment/gaming. Though this was the target of the present consoles too but with the future ones they have only broadened their ideas and online features.

Though i am not much of a console person and i have never owned a xbox. But still if i find it interesting enough then i have plans for getting One on Day one!

So it is confirmed games will need to be installed and tied to an XboX live account.

Lol. Megaton indeed. Forget selling your old games, you can't even borrow a game from a friend.

Very strange, that would shutdown GameStop wouldn't it? EA is doing away with online passes so could there be trading? No word on that?

Very strange, that would shutdown GameStop wouldn't it? EA is doing away with online passes so could there be trading? No word on that?

I guess there will be offline passes like the online passes EA ditched. (funny how the timing worked out, didn't it?).

Why allow trades when that could be two offline passes that can be sold? Things are not very clear yet, I guess we'll hear more near E3. Hopefully it is not a bad as it sounds right now.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/xbox-one-analysis/

I guess there will be offline passes like the online passes EA ditched. (funny how the timing worked out, didn't it?).

Why allow trades when that could be two offline passes that can be sold? Things are not very clear yet, I guess we'll hear more near E3. Hopefully it is not a bad as it sounds right now.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/xbox-one-analysis/

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

Bang on.

Ok if nobody buys the next gen consoles will the price of my used games on PS3 and Xbox 360 go up along with console price? I'm planning to sell my 360. :)

I am only interested in halo.:D never played any halo series after halo 2.

Halo is good. I dug Halo 4. It's MP too.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

Bang on.

Ok if nobody buys the next gen consoles will the price of my used games on PS3 and Xbox 360 go up along with console price? I'm planning to sell my 360. :)

Maybe they will have some deauthorisation system in place. I guess we will have to wait till E3 to know more.

It says both can play the game after each has paid for it. But we'll wait till E3, good article though.

Honestly speaking Sony has not really dug deep into the subject as well, they have confirmed that Used games will be playable but haven't elaborated in what capacity. It's impossible that Xbox One has a paid system for used games and Sony does not, it will kill Microsoft.

And again the media BS continues comparing consoles to pc. Dont know are they fooling themselves or are they trying cheap marketing tricks again.

I think PC will mop the floor with these consoles in a year or two.

Xbox One has DDR3 Ram. Don't know if we it's specially made for Consoles but DDR3?

Another thing mentioned was Games being played on "devices". Xbox One runs windows so if they pull off some kind of cross play between PC and Xbox it will be a big win. PS4 + Vita will appeal to a different set of on the go gamers. PC + Xbox cross play sounds good!

Good news..Not

URL says it all.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

Back