XBOX One - News, Rumors & Speculations

Saw this the other day and it's a clear attempt by the movie to look futuristic.dont really think Microsoft is involved.yes they may have already started to work on the 720 or whatever its likely to be named but this sounds too soon for me. ofcourse I hope Steve balmer proves me wrong.

re: XBOX 720 - News, Rumors & Speculations

360 makes sense as it means an all rounder..

but 720 is plain stupid if MS chooses that tag... who wants to take the spin again? don't think MS would be that thoughtless..

how about xbox 8 ? :lol:

re: XBOX 720 - News, Rumors & Speculations

Slashgear said:
Microsoft is readying two next-gen Xbox console variants, insiders suggest, one targeting the entry-level market as a stripped-down option, while a second delivers true hardcore gaming. The strategy would be a broader progression of Microsoft’s current dual-SKU Xbox 360 offering, Digital Foundry‘s sources claim, where both cheaper and more expensive versions of the 360 are on offer, though the difference between the next-gen models would be considerably more extensive.

“A pared down machine is to be released as cheaply as possible, and positioned more along the lines of a set-top box” it’s suggested, targeting streaming media services like Netflix as well as more casual gaming in what’s described as “a Kinect-themed portal.” Meanwhile, those gamers chasing the cutting edge would have the option of a true 360-replacement, with an optical drive and HDD storage, along with backward compatibility with older titles. It would obviously carry a higher price tag and likely deliver more capable graphics performance.

Twin Xbox 720 tipped: STB and hardcore gaming machine - SlashGear

this is gonna be hard... for MS, and on the game devs.

I mean they would simply produce for X360 and the new entry-level XBox, as it would be both cheaper to produce, and target audience will be much much bigger(X360 users + more entry level Xbox next gen users)

MS will have to pay devs to make games for the high-end one.

Xbox 720: The Story So Far - Xbox360 Feature at IGN

We're getting some kind of new Xbox in 2012

Scott: I'd place the likelihood of a new version of the Xbox 360 at 50/50 and the next Xbox at slim to none. It makes no sense financially and with Halo 4 slated for holiday 2012, it makes no sense strategically.

Steven: It's pretty clear that "something" will be announced by Microsoft next year; all signs seem to point to it. However, measured from right now, that will give Microsoft about a year to go from unannounced product to on store shelves; while that kind of turnaround might work in some contexts, it's just not the case when it's come to console development in the past. More often than not, a console is revealed a good two years before its release, in order to allow time for other factors (third-party development, hardware manufacturing, etc.) to fully steep. Only giving yourself a year is just not a wise business move, and not one that I see Microsoft making.

Peter: No way. With Halo 4 not having a release date and still coming to Xbox 360, there's no reason for Microsoft to launch any kind of new system in 2012. If anything, they'll continue supporting Kinect and opening up new entertainment routes with additional content providers before even announcing any kind of successor to the Xbox 360.

Mitch: NOPE. The S model is still fairly new-and-improved and selling strong, so it doesn't make business sense, and major system updates negate our need for fancier tech just yet. Like Scott said, with so many huge games in the pipeline -- Rainbow Six: Patriots, Insane, and Devil's Third have tentative release dates of 2013, for cryin' out loud -- the Xbox 3 doesn't make a lick of sense.

Verdict: Doubtful

guys if as i am reading a lot about the upcoming xbox...it says that it wont be having any optical drive... and will not play any used games ????

if this happens then i guess the paradigm will shift towards PC side and the company who sells gaming products for pc.... will get a good amount of market share

Microsoft admits Xbox 720 document is real | Metro.co.uk

Microsoft has admitted that the leaked document describing plans for the next generation Xbox console does belong to the tech giant, and its lawyers have ordered websites to take down links to the 56-page PDF file.The document is referred to as an IEB Roadmap, where IEB stands for Interactive Entertainment Business - the Microsoft division responsible for Xbox and other consumer electronics.

For some reason Microsoft is primarily picking on Czech technology site Ihned.cz, although links to the document on the far more high profile Game Informer still seem to be working (although that may only be until America wakes up later this afternoon).

The document first surfaced on download site Scribd, which naturally became the first target for Microsoft's lawyers. Of course by that time the file had already spread across the internet and even if major sites are forced to take it down we doubt more than a few seconds on Google will keep you from it.

g7nb4hJ.png

CNET

Back