XBOX 360 PROBLEM! RROD i guess :(

G33kgod

Adept
Guys,

Ok, so heres the deal. There's a friend of mine who is going through some problem with his XBOX 360 gaming console. When he tries to turn on his xbox 360 for about 8/9 minutes, the screen freezes out and the audio stops playing. Then when he tries to restart the console again then the ring appears which is supposed to be called RROD(RED RING OF DEATH). The ring is on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd parts of the rings present around the power button. Some help with this will surely be appreciated as I have no idea about Gaming consoles. I referred to some of my friends who say that it needs to be repaired at the service centre. But the only problem is he cant claim warranty as its modded and probably the warranty is void after the console is modded.

So if anyone could help me do something to help out my friend regarding this, because ive heard the console has no value now. So i really want to help him to get this repaired. TIA

Regards,
G33KGOD

where are you located?my xbox(2007 model) had a similar issue.gave it for service to a cousin,he took it some guy in Bangalore who mods xboxes.he did some jiggery-pokery and a fix for the heatsink(see llamma.com for the fix.not the same process was done on my xbox,but the somewhat similar to that).it works though,but your mileage may vary,all depends on your luck.a friends xbox never even powered on after it was "serviced".

No problem dude if the seal is on or not! Ive a source who can get it replaced. Would cost something but its better to have something better than nothing!

Just google X-Clamp fix. My Xbox also suffered with RROD problem, I fixed it myself removing the X-clamp, re-applying thermal paste and instead of the clamp put fiber and metal washers and nut bolts. I got the kit from UK, my brother bought it for around 3 pounds. You can get it from ebay hongkong. Procedure takes less than 2 hours, and after that your xbox will be up and running.

Recently I brought home my friend's Xbox 360 which has the RROD problem. It was just lying and since he dint care a damn about it, I thought i would try fixing the Xbox myself by watching a few videos on youtube. By far i have opened up the whole thing, boy! its really tough opening up the beast, had to be careful with every screw. I removed the sticky thermal pads. Done with the coin trick heat-sinks, just waiting to have some free time so that i can fix it back. Coin trick is basically using four 50 paisa coins, wrapping it nicely with electrical tape, then applying small portion of thermal paste (used MX2) and then sticking it on. Here are the pics I uploaded. :)

SNV32704.jpg

SNV32709.jpg

SNV32710.jpg

SNV32711.jpg

SNV32713.jpg

SNV32714.jpg

SNV32716.jpg

SNV32717.jpg

Errrm Nish did you post those snaps in the wrong thread? I mean we have a thread for posting l33t photography skillz. :eek:hyeah:

Nicely done though - both the snaps and the RROD fix. :thumb:

Gannu said:
Errrm Nish did you post those snaps in the wrong thread? I mean we have a thread for posting l33t photography skillz. :eek:hyeah:

Nicely done though - both the snaps and the RROD fix. :thumb:

hehe, thanks, its only a lame digi-cam. :p :D

Back