Xbox 360 India Price Cut! Unbelivable Price

deepakc

Disciple
Microsoft has announced a new bundle for the Xbox 360 in India, just in time for the festive season. The bundle includes the Xbox 360 Core console, which only seems to still be available in India (doesn’t that make you feel special?), a 20GB hard drive, a wireless controller, and two games – Forza Motorsport 2 and Viva Pinata.

The bundle, which actually makes the Xbox 360 Pro console, still priced at Rs 27,750, pretty much irrelevant, is available for an attractive Rs 14,990. The bundled accessories and games are together worth Rs 12,885, and the wireless controller is in addition to the wired one that is a standard inclusion in the Core package.

xbox-360-core-bundle.jpg

While the price is great and its wonderful news for those who have been waiting for the Xbox 360 price drop that never seemed to come, this could also be another attempt from Microsoft India to get rid of its old Xbox 360 Core stock. The consoles, which form the core of this bundle, were most probably manufactured in 2006 or even 2005, long before Microsoft owned up to and started fixing the infamous RROD hardware issue. Then again, you’re covered with three years of RROD warranty, which pretty much takes care of that.

I’ve always felt that the lack of a hard drive was the deal-breaker when it came to the Core console. With this bundle taking care of that, hopefully Microsoft can get more and more people to Jump In to current-gen gaming. Let’s just hope they do an equally good job of getting this news to the masses.

They are actually not dropping the price.

They are bundling more and more thing and making you feel like you are getting more but actually, you end up paying the same anyhow.

ultimabasher said:
They are actually not dropping the price.

They are bundling more and more thing and making you feel like you are getting more but actually, you end up paying the same anyhow.

no ways the wireless controller costs around 2K plus the HDD drive is close to 4K..... How can it be same... check ur facts dude

I understand what you are trying to say here.

But think about it.

Did they really reduce the (I mean reduce) price figure from somewhere around 14k??

What about people who dont need all that stuff but want the core console to be priced around 8k which is approximate price after removing all the wireless and HDD accessories.

A similar bundle is 250~260$ in US(with only 1 wireless controller). SO a price of 15k is just kickass I must say :D....just wipes away the grey market :D

Supra said:
A similar bundle is 250~260$ in US(with only 1 wireless controller). SO a price of 15k is just kickass I must say :D....just wipes away the grey market :D

Maybe, but they would still be old stocks which no one the rest of the world will buy and so being dumped here. MS is still doing well if they are able to sell these here instead of having to recycle them.

Maybe, but they would still be old stocks which no one the rest of the world will buy and so being dumped here. MS is still doing well if they are able to sell these here instead of having to recycle them.

I really doubt they'd want to sell the RROD susceptible stock without fixing up or replacing the questionable board

Handling returns or in warranty service is a big cost for any firm (logistics and labor costs over and above parts costs , not to mention the bad press it gets them)

and since the RROD susceptible baords had a failure of rate of even 30% or higher, MS would be better off simply selling fresh stocks than failure prone boxes

ronnie_gogs said:
Will the wired controller get a price drop....:p.....will buy it if if it drops to say 1.3k :p

I got mine for 1.35k from Tvm!!! [courtesy greenhorn]

And this bundle's kick ass I say. 15k! Christ!!!! :O

superczar said:
I really doubt they'd want to sell the RROD susceptible stock without fixing up or replacing the questionable board
Handling returns or in warranty service is a big cost for any firm (logistics and labor costs over and above parts costs , not to mention the bad press it gets them)

and since the RROD susceptible baords had a failure of rate of even 30% or higher, MS would be better off simply selling fresh stocks than failure prone boxes

Its been ages since the XBOX 360 Premium/Halo 3 Spl Edtion with new less RROD suseptable motherboard layouts came out and been selling in US, Europe and rest of the world.

As for India, all the unsold old stock of XBOX 360's from Europe and Australia has been dumped in India and still being sold at extremely high prices. This 15k gimmick is nothing but a way to ensure that the very old stocks of these consoles get sold of quickly.

We will probably get to see the improved consoles selling in the rest of the world only when the slim version comes out and MS has to dump the older stocks in countries like India.

This is actually pretty good considering how high console manufacturers price their peripherals. At least now, consumers can get everything that is absolutely necessary with their X360 and all for the price point of 15K. I'm still a bit peeved about their choice of free games though.

The offer is very tempting but can someone confirm is the 3 year warranty applicable by default?

AFAIK with the earlier editions, it was a 1 year warranty & the it extends to 2 more years if the console RRoD's any time within the first year of purchase.:ashamed:

Its been ages since the XBOX 360 Premium/Halo 3 Spl Edtion with new less RROD suseptable motherboard layouts came out and been selling in US, Europe and rest of the world.

As for India, all the unsold old stock of XBOX 360's from Europe and Australia has been dumped in India and still being sold at extremely high prices. This 15k gimmick is nothing but a way to ensure that the very old stocks of these consoles get sold of quickly.

We will probably get to see the improved consoles selling in the rest of the world only when the slim version comes out and MS has to dump the older stocks in countries like India.
Just a thought but don't you think the other countries have the same problem persisting inspite of the newer Falcon chips being integrated in them.I have seen people on Rage3D dumping their boxes (mind you the recent ones), which have been replaced 4 times and eventually settling for a PS3.Let's say even if we did get the old stock, the 3 year warranty pretty much owns up for everything.The same applies for the rest of the world in terms of support.So regardless of it being the old stock or not, the point is that the RRoD problem still persists & hasn't been completely wiped off.

Back