PC Peripherals XBOX 360 Controller issues

Hello,

My Friend has a Xbox 360 controller and its right button (RB) is not working. He usually plays PES with it and is not able to sprint. Its not a problem of a sticky button its just that its unresponsive.

First of all how much warranty does this have and where I can get this RMA'ed?
also any other solutions to get this fixed will also be appreciated.

TIA

I think it covers 1-year warranty. Get it RMAed if it is in warranty, though i saw first controller whose button is not working. U tried with other games???

nixy_15 said:
AFAIK, the controller has 3 months warranty only. Unlike other MS hardware which have 3 yrs.
I'm getting my wired controller exchanged from Microsoft in a few days. I spoke to the rep who told me that all their accessories have 1 year warranty and games would be 90 days.

@OP: Your friend needs to call up Microsoft CC and tell them that the controller is faulty. They will ask for a serial number of the console (X360), if your friend has the console then let him provide the serial number. If he got the controller separately, then they might ask him to get it exchanged from the retailer he got it from. Ask him to tell them that he already tried that out and that the shop guy asked to call MS up. The rep would then create a case number and send and email with a few troubleshooting tips in it and the details of how the RMA process works.

The controller's date of purchase (DOF) receipt needs to be scanned and sent to Microsoft and as soon as they verify it and confirm it's within warranty, then the request for sending a new controller would be generated. It would be a 1-1 swap and the courier people would call him up and let him know about the delivery details.

Back