XBOX 360 controller charge issue

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All.

I have this weird issue with my controller.

I tried using 2 different sets of duracells with my 360 controller. It shows as full charge and all, but mid game the controller will turn off and the game will be paused.

I also tried the play and charge kit. It begins with the red light, but quickly turn to green. But the charge only shows as one block in the battery icon. If i take off the connecting cable, it turns off. :(

Any ideas?

m-J

You said duracell but you also said "rechargables" Check the type of the batteries and the volt rating.
If you use the normal alkaline batteries they drain out very quick. I use the Duracell / Energizer batteries (disposables) and they last me more than 25-30 hours.
All original Microsoft play n Charge kits are fail. I have 2 lying with me. RMAed both of them twice. does not work. spent 2.4K in junk.

I used Duracell alkaline MN1500 disposable batteries - In this the controller turns off like in few seconds

&

I used XBOX 360 official Play and charge Kit - In this, the charging LED shows red for few secs and goes to green. And the battery meter shows single bar.

I used Duracell alkaline MN1500 disposable batteries - In this the controller turns off like in few seconds
&
I used XBOX 360 official Play and charge Kit - In this, the charging LED shows red for few secs and goes to green. And the battery meter shows single bar.

Thats exactly the problem with the "Official" play n charge kit.
If you have already tried the other batteries then I think it may be game over for the controller. Get a new one :)
Any damages/drops/water touching the battery connector could also cause it to be damaged.
Also MS support told me that if I tried connecting my play n charge kit cable to my laptop for charging it may damage the controller and void the warranty for all involved products. That was kind of bouncer for me.

shit. :(

It was like this when i got the console from another guy. Didnt understand it was an issue. Thght it was just the duracell batteries. Got the charge kit for that.

Back