Xbox 360: 61 per cent failure rate!!!

xXx

Skilled
Since the launch of the Xbox 360 one of the major topics on Xbox 360 forums has been about the dubious manufacturing quality of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 console – never before has a console attracted so much attention for the this reason.

Everywhere you turn, there’s another story of a broken 360 and anyone you speak to has either had their console fail on them, or knows of many others who have. It really is the problem that simply won’t go away.

Well, with Microsoft sticking to its 4 – 5% failure rate story, we figured we’d have another look at our survey, which has at the time of writing attracted 3780 submissions and 2355 comments – the majority of which are from angry owners who feel cheated by the Xbox 360’s build quality and Microsoft’s after sales service.

One example of this was left by Gamertag Jarandco, who commented: “Had original Xbox 360 [die] after about 14 months. Due to it being out of warranty had to pay £80 for it to be fixed, well for them to send me a different one anyway… I disagree with having to pay that after they repaired the American 360s for free, they weren’t very helpful on the phone either!â€

At the time of writing, 2,315 (61 per cent) responses to the survey have complained that they’ve got through at least one console, with many having got through even more than that.

Obviously we accept that our figures are probably skewed towards the negative, but such a response is still unprecedented and we’re sure that if in a year's time we ran a similar survey on our sister site PS-Gamer.com we wouldn’t get anywhere near such a response. In fact, we may well do this…

Anyway, it’s not just us who believes this problem is beyond that of other consoles, after getting through 3 consoles, Gamertag henk live left the message: “MS dare to say they don't have a problem (Yeah right), I have been a gamer for 25 years and I never have seen this kind of reliability with a console.â€

In addition to lacking consumer confidence, you have to wonder how many people are actually giving up on the Xbox 360 altogether!

“This system is poorly manufactured and should have never passed QC. The only reason it passed QC was because MS wanted to launch first so they could make a profit… at the disregard of the consumer,†begins Gamertag mantis01, who then concludes: “Shame on you, MS. I will now switch my gaming loyalties to Sony.â€

In fact, during our latest trawl of the comments section, we only came by one comment left in defence of Microsoft.

“Having worked exclusively in the games retail sector since well before the launch of the 360, in my experience there has been just as many 360s reported faulty as there has been with any other console,†reckons Gamertag MightyGogita.

“In the past few months I have seen more PS3s coming back faulty than 360s actually.â€
Source: Xbox 360 Gamer Magazine Online // The Leading UK Xbox 360 Website

I guess the last addition to the article was to make 360 owners happy!!!

Also I guess Indian owners of Xbox360 havent face such hardware problems...cos my friend has it & its working smooth!!!:D

I had plans on the X360 but due to all this issues , i dont wanna risk 20K on something which might crap later so have decided to invest it on a Dell 2007 WFP.

why the hell doesnt M$ take this failure rate seriously.

even the black edition is having the same probs as reported on some site.

Many people i know didn't go for X360 because of this. Its amazing MS hasn't done anything about it yet.

It isn't as bad when you purchase it with official warranty since you'll get a replacement if it dies, but otherwise, its always a risk spending that 20k on it.

Params7 said:
Many people i know didn't go for X360 because of this. Its amazing MS hasn't done anything about it yet.

It isn't as bad when you purchase it with official warranty since you'll get a replacement if it dies, but otherwise, its always a risk spending that 20k on it.

How Abt u Params7..u also Own a 360...have u faced nething like this or heard abt ne of ur friends facing such issues....

xXx said:
How Abt u Params7..u also Own a 360...have u faced nething like this or heard abt ne of ur friends facing such issues....

I faced the RLOD within a week of purchase, and it was modded, so without official warranty.

Got it fixed still, my shopkeeper sent it somewhere else for repair for Rs.4k. Its working fine now.

Did anyone actually bother to read the article at all?

They conducted a survey for broken 360's and 61 percent of people that responded said they had broken one. Anyone with a basic grasp in logic can actually see what happened so I am not going to point out the obvious. You have to be a retard to say that the actual failure rate is 61 percent going by that article. But hey don't let intelligence get in the way of a good flame bait.

Now coming back to borked 360s, the failure is twice of the MS figures (10% is what most neutral analysts say) and it is an absolute disgrace and I cant believe MS are just sitting on their asses and doing nothing about it.

And please dont tell me its the same with all consoles. I was playing games when the N64 and PS1 launched, ditto for Gamecube, PS2 and the original Xbox. And none of them had such dismal failure rates. I am not even bringing into it my SNES console that works 11 freakin years after I bought it.

Params7 said:

Same here, was eager to get a x360 :'(

XBOX or OS...... whats the difference ??? Both CRASHES like Chinese use and throw products.

We use Windows for few year then throw it away...... do same for XBOX360.

Later buy XBOX 720.... simple.

Params7 said:
I faced the RLOD within a week of purchase, and it was modded, so without official warranty.

Got it fixed still, my shopkeeper sent it somewhere else for repair for Rs.4k. Its working fine now.

What ur Xbox360 broke within a week:ashamed:
And I was planning to buy a modded 360 this week.:huh:
What about gameplay on Xbox live,can u still connect and play online using the modded360?, I mean after all this hype about banning360's etc..

lol, take your modded X360 online and it'll get banned. M$ needs to do this anyways, since modified X360's also mean modified firmwares - and these can be exploited to use cheats online, which M$ wants to put down indefinitely before Halo 3 releases.

but look at 360 vulnerability....PS3's cell architecture would be very diff to break into...thats why till that time the hackers are after releasing ISO loaders...

M$ shud know this....that not every one in this world has money to spend on orignal games...

Params7 said:

That suddenly makes the PS3 look worth the extra dough :p

Also PS3 doesnt have any hardware problem...u can get it in grey market for a bit higher price than 360...& as Params7 told Sony will repair it for u if any problems occurs..not like M$....though only things which holds u back from buying a PS3 is the drought of games..but till the year end a motorstorm or Ressistance & other games could suffice till the big games do come out...Also U DO NOT GET Charged for using PSN....

Back