www.assamesebooks.com - My company; My project

bhaskarvyas001

Disciple
Hello Friends,

Myself, along with two other friends have started this online venture of sale of Assamese literature online.
Our website is www.assamesebooks.com

Though operational, the site is in very premature stage.

The purpose of this post is to request all the techies out there to please make a visit to the site and provide your valuable feedback.
I really - really need suggestions for improvement.

advance thanks :)

The website seems nice. I can just help spread the word. I know my dad would love to read some books from here. I would have too only problem is I am an Assamese who cant read Assamese :(

Are these physical books or ebooks ?
Maybe you can highlight the "Free shipping" part as it is a selling point

The website seems nice. I can just help spread the word. I know my dad would love to read some books from here. I would have too only problem is I am an Assamese who cant read Assamese :(

Are these physical books or ebooks ?
Maybe you can highlight the "Free shipping" part as it is a selling point

Thanks you like it :)
Free publicity is always welcomed :)
We are as of now selling only physical books. May be later we would add E-Books as well.

Yes, please buy lot of books... I hope you find some titles of your interest there...
We are still upgrading our database.... :)

I sent the site to a friend. It was appreciated. Let me know, when it is active and stuff can be ordered. Good initiative.

Hi bhaskar, did you build the site on any cms? Also can you give details about the payment gateway you are using?

The site is very functional.

From the design perspective, I would only recommend a change in the color theme and more minimalism.
The font right below the logo, ie the menu, seems to be slightly unreadable.

I like how the footer is all encompassing. Very reassuring to the user that you have all those contacts right out on the front.

Hi bhaskar, did you build the site on any cms? Also can you give details about the payment gateway you are using?

The site is very functional.

From the design perspective, I would only recommend a change in the color theme and more minimalism.
The font right below the logo, ie the menu, seems to be slightly unreadable.

I like how the footer is all encompassing. Very reassuring to the user that you have all those contacts right out on the front.

Thanks for the feedback... Will definitely work it...
How did you find the performance of the site? Was it slow in loading?
I would like to ask if did you find it difficult to find how to move to the Shopping cart and performing the checkout??

No I have not used any CMS. The entire thing has been built on JAVA/JSP with Struts framework.
However, I have created a CMS like functionality where in after logging in via Admin username, you can directly edit the content on the pages or update the images and products being displayed in different sections.

For payment gateway, I have used DirecPay from Times of Money. IF You need any specific information pls let me know :yes:

Back