WTB: 30-40gig mp3 player. Suggestions please!!!

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
My sister's friends are gonna return from Germany in a few days.

I need an mp3 player with say 30-40gig storage. ( maybe 20 gb should do?)
budget around Rs.10,000.
any suggestions? company, and model please!

I've heard that the iAudio has a feature that allows transfer of data directly from another usb drive to it.

How are the iRiver and IPod comparatively?

Any other good suggestions?

I need to tell her within 1 or 2 days.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

^^ hmm.. ok

BTW read somewhere that even the iriver has that on-the-fly copy from USB devices (usb drives?)?

Also, from superczar's old review found here
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/iriver-pmp-120-day-1-review-6616.html
and from the pix, it doesnt look as if it can fit in the pocket of my pants.
I rarely use jeans, so i would like it to at least fit in a normal formal pair of pants.

hmmm.. my sis tells me a 20gig iriver costs around Rs 8000 there...
ipod 30gig(?) costing rs.16000..

Edit: i'm getting confused over the models now!!!

yeah using the iriver h10 as well as an ipod mini .. iriver sounds a lot better. was a bit buggy initially but newer firmware releases seem to have cured it of that.. also copy pasting songs with the iriver is a bit easier than using itunes with the ipod.

iriver --> sound (comes with sennheiser mx400 if i m not mistaken) , fm , ease of use , color screen (the photo viewing part pretty much sucks) , recorder (save songs from fm as mp3)
ipod --> also good sound , i guess its something you can get and then forget about .. where as the iriver needed a firmware upgrade to get it up to speed

also techheads post may be something to consider.. mine was almost a year old .. not sure how the newer ones are

Thank you very very much for the info Bottle! And for the pix!!

So any comments on the iAudio here?

i would still sugest the ipod....Good VFM....no hassles, and very decent sound quality...I personally didn't find any discernible difference between the iriver and the ipod...But I am no audiophile :p

:( My Sis' friend enquired the price of the mp3 players.
Thats it.
She "forgot" to buy it.
AArghhhh..

Now i'm hell mad.
I have to get one from Chennai itself. Any info on where to buy here will be appreciated.

check out here iriverindia.com they have some chennai dealers. see the eshop for some idea of prices

^^ already checked it out... the only contact is from Delhi. and i think the eshop is overpriced.

called up 4 numbers from Creative'schennai peeps.... no response. popped emails to 3 of their dealers or whatever too..

Vince, check ur PM...sent you the chennai location for buying HDD MP3 players...

iAudio X5L eyes CLOSED.

the BEST MP3 Player in the market now.

Darthy, no offense, but it'd help to have some qualifier to go with a statement as strong as this :p

Darthcoder said:
iAudio X5L eyes CLOSED.
the BEST MP3 Player in the market now.

I second that.........nothing to beat it....friggin 35 hours battery life, ogg, FLAC support, line in, color screen, detected as removable storage......If you can get it from somewhere, just leap at it !!

Thank you for the info superczar!!!

@Darthcoder, Ragin_ice -> i dont think it'll be available here, compared to the iRiver.. but will go for it if i find one!

@SuperJaar :bleh: Read the reviews lajy boy :bleh:

beats iPod and all other HDD based players by a mile.

Loads of features plus a beautiful color screen good enuff to watch movies ;).

^^Yes, loads of features, superb actually!

Only drawbacks.. video playback is at 15(?)fps compared to the 30fps of an ipod.... and i thin konly 20/30gb versions of the iaudio are available...

Back