Wrong account no in NEFT transaction .. what will happen?

I failed to find similar info(account number is the only requirement) in RBI site... Whatever i found is already linked in few posts above!

I always transfer 100 rs to the party in question, call dem up and confirm them receiving money and then send the remaining amount... Saves lot of headaches ;-)

I always transfer 100 rs to the party in question, call dem up and confirm them receiving money and then send the remaining amount... Saves lot of headaches ;-)
I do the exact same thing when transferring for first time to someone. Do a small transfer of 50 or 100 Rs and then once it is confirmed, I transfer the remaining amount.

Banks look at account numbers only. Not the bene. name. Though the structure of account number is such that first 2-3 denote branch number, and last 2-3 denote account type. So if you mess up first 2-3 numbers not an issue because IFSI + Account number wont match. If you mess up last 2-3 digits then pray that the account type is something in which money cant be deposited.

Again it depends. On most banks that use finacle, the first few numbers denote tht branch code. My employer(SBI) doesn't have the same methodology coz we use a diff software.

Back