Worlds fastest browser released!!

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
Chrome really... SUXXX every time start it my entire pc hangs.. have to use the task manager to end it.. : XX

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
I've been using chrome since it came out...I've never looked at another browser..if ur having a problem, you need to reinstall..shit happens cause of improper shutdowns or virus etc..

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Feb 23, 2010
Aman27deep said:
i dont really belive all this, performance remains the same for me with oepra, firefox, or chrome. Not mentioning chrome crashes a LOT.
buddy, I remember they claimed same in 2004 as well :), I believe they claim it every year. but still there market share clearly states whole story.

NinByChoice

Skilled
Apr 3, 2005
^^ Yeah, market share is a really good indicator of how good a browser is. IE is t3h best :p

Kinda shows that most people havent changed much.

IE once dominated the browser space. Then comes Firefox. Early adopters (smart guys) shifted from IE because of speed. A lot of sheeple defended IE. As Firefox gained momentum in the geek community, it suddenly became the in-thing to use Firefox. Sheeple shifted to Firefox. Not because it was faster, but because all the cool guys were using it.

I notice the same trend now. With Fartfox no longer being the fastest (or even close to it), the smart guys have shifted to Chrome. Sheeple have remained sheeple, and continue to defend Firefox. In a short while, Chrome will become the cool thing and sheeple will start chanting - "Google is the r0ckz0rs. Chrome is g0d". They wouldnt have a clue why though.

The Soviets and the geniuses have always been with Opera, enjoying a pleasure that IE/Firefox/Chrome users cant even imagine
Story to be taken in lighter vein. Just taking silly potshots at Firefox supporters :p

gauviz

Adept
Mar 19, 2009
Party Monger said:
I've been using chrome since it came out...I've never looked at another browser..if ur having a problem, you need to reinstall..shit happens cause of improper shutdowns or virus etc..
@ Party Monger dude i reinstalled chrome so many times, i even cleared out the registry. Still no use .

gauviz

Adept
Mar 19, 2009
NinByChoice said:
^^ Yeah, market share is a really good indicator of how good a browser is. IE is t3h best :p

Kinda shows that most people havent changed much.

IE once dominated the browser space. Then comes Firefox. Early adopters (smart guys) shifted from IE because of speed. A lot of sheeple defended IE. As Firefox gained momentum in the geek community, it suddenly became the in-thing to use Firefox. Sheeple shifted to Firefox. Not because it was faster, but because all the cool guys were using it.

I notice the same trend now. With Fartfox no longer being the fastest (or even close to it), the smart guys have shifted to Chrome. Sheeple have remained sheeple, and continue to defend Firefox. In a short while, Chrome will become the cool thing and sheeple will start chanting - "Google is the r0ckz0rs. Chrome is g0d". They wouldnt have a clue why though.

The Soviets and the geniuses have always been with Opera, enjoying a pleasure that IE/Firefox/Chrome users cant even imagine

Story to be taken in lighter vein. Just taking silly potshots at Firefox supporters :p
@ NinByChoice so according to your view IE percentage should remain same more or less and firefox will market share to Chrome.

Well let me tell you IE is loosing market share at a very fast rate and firefox is gaining. Firefox market share has been steady with slight increase over the past year while is growing a little faster than firefox but not at the expense of firefox but IE (your favorite browser)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Party Monger said:
Gues its that time of the year when you format ur pc :)
You just can't format your laptop for a bloody browser. There is no guarantee that it'll work after that.

All other browsers work fine. I've firefox 3.6.6, firefox 4.0, Safari, Opera 10.5, Chrome all installed but only chrome sucks

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Jul 14, 2007
City of Blinding Lights
ocularimpressions.com
Chrome didn't crash on me that much (albeit, it did crash few times but it's no deal breaker crash-rate)... but I can't give up my Firefox. Even after the introduction of Extensions for Chrome, Firefox remains the browser of my choice. I can live with the memory hog, I have 6gb ram and enough to go spare. Firefox has aced the extensions implementation and Chrome's extensions never feel "just-right". Plus there are few extensions and things which I can't do without so even though I've Chrome and Safari installed, FF is and will always remain my browser of choice.

Although there are few things I would like to see in FF, such as ability to run normal and private browsing mode at the same time and better javascript performance like Chrome or Safari.... and an in-built reader facility (a la Safari) would go great as side-dish. :)

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
gauviz said:
@ NinByChoice so according to your view IE percentage should remain same more or less and firefox will market share to Chrome.

Well let me tell you IE is loosing market share at a very fast rate and firefox is gaining. Firefox market share has been steady with slight increase over the past year while is growing a little faster than firefox but not at the expense of firefox but IE (your favorite browser)

The sentence in bold is the only one in your post that makes any sense.

NinByChoice

Skilled
Apr 3, 2005

baccilus

Skilled
Oct 21, 2007
Chandigarh
Using chrome on high resolution monitors is a pain. Everything is small and centered unless you zoom in every page. This can be corrected easily on Firefox and Opera.

jojothedragon

Skilled
Jan 20, 2009
I'm using Firefox and Chrome now. Both are kick-ass. Kicked opera cause it was getting very slow and non comfortable.

H2O

Skilled
Feb 10, 2008
I've shifted to Chrome from Firefox, Chrome has a faster startup and I love the minimalistic design.

hotshot05

Skilled
Sep 11, 2008
Kolkata
hotshot05.page.tl
NinByChoice said:
Most recent stats do indicate that Firefox has topped out at ~24% and is losing majorly in growth rates to Chrome.

Chrome grows as IE, Firefox lose market share – slightly

IE Recoups Market Share, Firefox Retreats | ConceivablyTech

Firefox usage is stagnant. It has hit the peak and is on a slight decline. Chrome is still growing very strongly. At some point, it has to gain major market share at the expense of Firefox.

Why???

It can happen at the expense of IE too.....

crvinay_4u

Adept
Apr 29, 2009
Can anyone tell why it's happening to me only.I'm on a 512kbps Airtel connection.Download speeds in Firefox is around 60KBps but in chrome it struggles to get past 45KBps.Why is that,Can anyone help me?

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
Opera fits the bill perfectly for my type of usage. All the stuff that I require is a part of the standard Opera install, so no tension of add ons and the like. Also the deal clincher in my case is the fact that it can handle a LARGE number of tabs (I am talking 70 - 80 +) simultaneously without hassle. None of the other browsers I tried (IE, Chrome, FF, Safari on Windows) was as comfortable. Chrome was in fact a joke.