OC & Modding [Worklog] Sunny's A7N8X Dlx VCore & VMem Voltmods

@deej : Hmmm...then i wont try it....

i was thinking of it, because i got voltages like 12.8V on 1.85V VCore....thats bad even for a Powersafe 500W :(

well..testing today :D no pics...dad took cam to take pics on how to make fake tiger skins :O

Last edited by a moderator:
undertaker said:
DJ:A version of this power supply mod thing is to solder the 5v line directly onto the middle leg of the MOSFETS.Infact I tried this but didn't seem to offer much improvements.With my new psu constantly pushing out 5.2v I couldn't care less about it.
Sid,

Dont try that too....the middle leg one :)ohyeah: )
Unless you have a extremely good psu with very good filteration capabilities.(emi/rf shielded 5V wire from the psu to the mosfets)
That coil and those three caps next to it (1000 ~ 1500 uf each) act like a filter and stabilise the power to the mosfets. where it is chopped down to the required and set voltage (Vcore) for the cpu.

wooohoooo!!!!

working!!! :D :D :D :D

managed to rise volts to 1.8V from the pot, while seeing the results instantly on the BIOS screen :clap:

will post a video later...hehehe..instant volt rise :D :D :D :D :D

SunMysore posted 0.98 minutes later:

ohyeah...notice the red P and M pots on the pSU..hoooray!!!!

SunMysore posted 1.97 minutes later:

ohyeah...BIOS it was set at 1.65V...touhed 1.8V...didnt feel the need to go higher...the memory voltage mod works too :clap:

willl try ocing later.....am fully busted now...repiping the whole h20 system..removing old mobo, putting new one...sorting out all the bugs...etc etcc....

man u got to have balls to do that ....... anyways i never run out of voltages in my A7N8X deluxe ....... once i have done unlocking FSB on a A7N266VM .....it just requires soldering two pins ......actually i located the pins and my bro did the soldering he is master in that ......doin that stuff from the age of 15 ........ he did it like professional and voila the thing worked anyways i sold that board .....

hmmmmmmm.........

229.2x11 = 2521MHz all this on 1.97 VCore :eek:hyeah: temps never crossed 43*, was @ 1.97V VCore for more than 15 mins!!!!!

will try 2.0 and 2.05 later......

SunMysore posted 3.48 minutes later:

@Rahul : i have a A7N266-VM too, with a 1700+ DUT3C...it touched arnd 2300MHz on the N8X Dlx....didnt mod it...its sis's comp...why bother :p

lol...1.85V wasnt enough for me...so i did this :D

SunMysore said:
hmmmmmmm.........

229.2x11 = 2521MHz all this on 1.97 VCore :eek:hyeah: temps never crossed 43*, was @ 1.97V VCore for more than 15 mins!!!!!

will try 2.0 and 2.05 later......

SunMysore posted 3.48 minutes later:

@Rahul : i have a A7N266-VM too, with a 1700+ DUT3C...it touched arnd 2300MHz on the N8X Dlx....didnt mod it...its sis's comp...why bother :p

lol...1.85V wasnt enough for me...so i did this :D
thats nice overclock dude .... i think my barton can go up easily as it works on 210x11 with stock vcore 1.65 .....prime stable ....anyways ur OC is kool man 2500Mhz with a desktop proccy is awesome ..... try and get a AXP mobile ....thats a awesome OCer u will love it but i doubt it will be available in india ....

chic_magnet said:
damn i had a a7n266-vm ya.. didnt know you could do all this lol ..... saad i could'nt learn overclocking 3 years ago :(

that board is the worst thing if u like to OC ...... i think A7N266 deluxe was my first OC board ........ then i get a A7N266VM only for OCing ....done some mods and OCed it then i used that for some time and sold ........ about OCing my best experience is with A7N8X deluxe ..... i think it is the best OCing board for AXP(if u don't count DFi boards ....)

her's another teaser :D

2v32007al.jpg

SunMysore posted 0.55 minutes later:

notice the voltage :yahoo:

lol!!!! i'll post another pic...wait

SunMysore posted 7.08 minutes later:

here's the actual full pic... notice the temps :D MBM clocks seems to be screwed...lol...

pic taken from my digicam...earlier attempts to save CPU-Z screenshots led to system hangs....

i can do 200x11 with 1.65v ..... y r u giving it to 2v ....... i don't think this makes any sence ....or try to OC it more if it is stable with lower voltages giving higher voltage will only reduce it life .....

rahul3111 said:
i can do 200x11 with 1.65v ..... y r u giving it to 2v ....... i don't think this makes any sence ....or try to OC it more if it is stable with lower voltages giving higher voltage will only reduce it life .....

you can, but i cant. ;) without voltmods, my proccy tops out at 220FSB, at 1.85V VCore. Do one thing. Send ur 2500+ to my place, watch me OC the hell outta it :clap:

it makes perfect sense that i'm giving these friggin voltages so that i can achieve some mindboggling speeds.

UPDATE : Darn ASUS....volts touch 2.078v, hangs :mad: bloody overvoltage protection :mad: :mad: :cursing: :mad:

SunMysore posted 1.32 minutes later:

BTW rahul, if u'r proccy does 210x11 at 1.65V VCore, i'm sure it can touch 2.7GHz at 2.0V ;) so my request to send ur proccy over makes perfect sense :lol:

SunMysore posted 2.22 minutes later:

and reduce life by how much??? 5 years??? lol...processors are rated for 10 years, i'm sure 5 years less wont hurt me....

moreover, this proccy has been runnin 24x7 at 3200+, 1.7V VCore since 7-8months AFAIK. making this proccy run at 2500+ speeds doesnt make sense to me :rofl:

SunMysore said:
you can, but i cant. ;) without voltmods, my proccy tops out at 220FSB, at 1.85V VCore. Do one thing. Send ur 2500+ to my place, watch me OC the hell outta it :clap:
:bleh:........ i can do that on my own ....hehe

Back