Wish to buy a wifi router with ADSL modem. Please suggest.

sureshmilton

Disciple
Hello Everyone.

Love to be a member of this site. :clap:

I am looking for a wireless router cum ADSL modem. I almost bought the Buffalo WHR - G54S and then realised that it was not a modem. Then I was suggested Buffalo WBMR-G54. It costs Rs. 3500 and I would require your thoughts on this to settle a deal.

I am getting this tomorrow. So, any quick advice would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance :)

Though Linksys WAG200G sure is really tempting, I think I'd rather reduce the hassle of getting the Linksys and settle with Buffalo WBMR-G54.

I just hope the performance of both of them are just about the same.

I will be door delivered the Buffalo router tomorrow at 11 morning. If Linksys really makes a big difference then I am willing to cancel the order and go for Linksys. But I guess Buffalo should be.

Thank you so much guys. Will let you know tomorrow if everything installs fine tomorrow.

one question ..currently i have ADSL(tata) and local cable net.

I m looking for wifi + 4 lan port + ADSL router... dial both connection simultaneously.

?

budget upto 4-5k ... any further suggestion(model no.)?
Need something that supports range upto 7 floors atleast :unsure:

I have heard abt "n series " - good @ penetration but bad @ range ...is like beta (still on drafts)!!!

Whats exactly is HD 1080p streaming and its advantages(usage:p)?

7 floors? That's quite a requirement. You should test some of the commonly available routers before buying. I suspect you may need a more powerful router than the consumer grade stuff and definitely more powerful antennas.

Many people have HP G54 which would be similar to the adsl one you are planning, test it beforehand if you can. I have the HPG54 and I am on the fourth floor, the signal disappears 2nd floor downwards.

Back