Wireless - Wired Internet conversion DEVICE help.

So i have my router fixed at one end of the house... my pc which is at the other end needs to have Ethernet ( WIRED CONNECTION ) so that i can use it as a NAS ... but the trouble is as the pc is far away from the router I cant hook up a ethernet cable all the way long.. so im thinking of a buying a network device ( idk which i should buy ) like a router that takes in wifi as input and has ethernet ports as a output.. idk the exact name for this kind of thing.... please help me on which device that could do this kinda thing.. ( hub, switch , gateway? ) Thanks in advance!

You're looking for a WiFi router that can operate in 'Client' mode.
I had an old Asus RT-N12 that had a switch for AP/Repeater/Client mode.

Alternatively, if you're thinking of overhauling your Wifi setup, you could get a Mesh setup, and use the ethernet ports on one of the mesh nodes.
This is what I'm currently using.

You can also use Connectify software.
I used it as this :

Router -> connects to PC via wire
PC acts as a Hotspot - > other devices connect to PC via wifi.

You could buy a dongle for Rs 550, and connect to the WiFi directly from your PC that you want to use as NAS: e.g. https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TL-WN725N-150Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B008IFXQFU .

There are high gain versions for a bit higher price if WiFi reception is poor at the location of your PC, but its software support is not as good.
I get the idea of a dongle, but the NAS softaware ( TRUE NAS ) doesn't support it , as driver is required i guess..

What is your budget?
max 2k~ but i would love to see the options

You're looking for a WiFi router that can operate in 'Client' mode.
I had an old Asus RT-N12 that had a switch for AP/Repeater/Client mode.

Alternatively, if you're thinking of overhauling your Wifi setup, you could get a Mesh setup, and use the ethernet ports on one of the mesh nodes.
This is what I'm currently using.
Okay, so the name is "Client mode" Thanks! Does this
"Airport Express" router thing support this mode?
shown here

Most likely it will support
A 20 metre CAT-6 Ethernet cable will cost ~Rs. 500 with crimping. Any specific reason why you cannot run a cable?

Any other solution will ckst significantly more and might not be "wired quality"
Yup, I was thinking the same. Moreover, @SnoopyLikesTech is planning to run NAS over WiFi which might cause further speed issues.

@SnoopyLikesTech If you can't run a wire through the house, try running the wire outside the house (like if your rooms are on the two opposite sides of the house, exit the wire from one room, go around the house and enter from the other room, use the windows/door frame and drill a small hole through it, just enough for the wire to pass). It is not that difficult as it seems. Even small runs inside the house can be hidden pretty well.

A 20 metre CAT-6 Ethernet cable will cost ~Rs. 500 with crimping. Any specific reason why you cannot run a cable?

Any other solution will ckst significantly more and might not be "wired quality"
yea it does seem as an option but it will be kindof messy for me xD ... I might have an old router lying around... would it be okay to use it as a access point as said by @crazzy_eddy

yea it does seem as an option but it will be kindof messy for me xD ... I might have an old router lying around... would it be okay to use it as a access point as said by @crazzy_eddy
You're looking to wirelessly bridge the two ends of the network - 'wireless bridge'. See if your old router supports Wireless Bridge. Most likely it will support it. I think 'Client mode' is same thing

Most likely it will support

Yup, I was thinking the same. Moreover, @SnoopyLikesTech is planning to run NAS over WiFi which might cause further speed issues.

@SnoopyLikesTech If you can't run a wire through the house, try running the wire outside the house (like if your rooms are on the two opposite sides of the house, exit the wire from one room, go around the house and enter from the other room, use the windows/door frame and drill a small hole through it, just enough for the wire to pass). It is not that difficult as it seems. Even small runs inside the house can be hidden pretty well.
No not nas over wifi, What i meant is to convert wifi to ethernet and *Then* connect the ethernet to the NAS...

You're looking to wirelessly bridge the two ends of the network - 'wireless bridge'. See if your old router supports Wireless Bridge. Most likely it will support it. I think 'Client mode' is same thing
Okay!! will update

See if the old router supports wireless repeater function, then you can wirelessly connect old router to fixed router and connect one of the LAN ports of old router to your PC
Main router —Wi-Fi—> old router—LAN—>PC

Back