wireless router - cannot login with password

cool_cat

Adept
hi,

I have a belkin g basic wireless router configured with wireless encryption and other settings.

problem is, I cannot login onto router configuration page through web interface(192.168.2.1) although I can access that Page through browser.

the error, when I try to login is "incorrect password" although the password IS correct. I hard reset and again restored the settings(from backup). I can only login once with the new password. then cannot.

When I enter password and press Enter Key, It shows some extra characters are added to the password area and error message shown. Is it possible to resolve?

It's a comparatively new(5-6 months, I guess) router under warranty.

I have a small video(127KB) of what happens when I enter password in web interface here. have a look, if it helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dbt5tj3p5y33eu5

Is this resolvable or shall I RMA the piece?

TIA

Two things, first change your browser and see if the issue persists, as i feel firefox is automatically filling in the default password.

2nd, do not use filefactory for uploads , use mediafire instead.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

In which case, would suggest that you try a hard reset. and configure all the settings again.

already done hard reset, set password and it works only once. the router throws "incorrect password" error. I tried with different browsers. I've googled and found this is a issue with some routers. but no answers I can fetch from searching :(

I presume RMA will be the way, if no other solution exists.

ok with mediafire, will remember. thanks

edit mediafire link added in op.

Back