wireless network not working

Baron

Disciple
Hi I have a linksys wrt 54g & a desktop & hp notebook, now i have connected the hathway internet which is provided to both through the linksys but I cannot get them to network, i.e. I cannot access each other through network, any advice would be appreciated. thanks.:huh:

Hathway= Crappy 24online client= malware that plays complete havoc with network packet shaping...

just search for 24online in the forum search to find a couple of detailed discussions on this....

ther are workarounds to resolve this problem but bottomline is you are better off changing your ISP

no my friend my problem is not internet (hathway), I am getting internet on my wifi & the desktop both, but I cannot network them both through the linksys.

yup, using xp, i can network both the computers with a lan cable, but cannot establish a network through the linksys wireless router

no my friend my problem is not internet (hathway),

Baron, just hit the link below for 24online and you'll know why hathway users running the 24online client will not be able to setup a proper home network/...
(even though the Internet is available on both PCs)

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/weird-internet-problem-2700.html

Trust me on this, if your ISP uses the cyberoam 24online authentication client, your home network will in the right shape
I switched to Airtel from that POS Hathway primariliy due to this...

Credit goes to Deejay for the quote below:

@ superczar,
To beat your enemy it is important to first "know" your enemy.

First understand the method used by cyberoam system to connect. know its working thoroughly then attempt workarounds.

also note these points.
1) data packets are encrypted by the system. The UDP packets are encrypted and decrypted by the system at both ends. the transmitted packets by the system are not "normal" udp packets.

2) Their client software installs a windows Layered Service Provider (LSP) in ur system. this modifies ur winsock and tcp /ip settings and can be a security threat. hence most of the anti virus programs will report it as such.

3) they use a heart beat system to poll the mac id of ur nic every few minutes to confirm connectivity. (dont know if they have stopped this now, but previously it was there)

4) Their software on the server side (meaning their control centre) generally has a CPE (maximum client logins) of 1 for ur a/c. meaning only 1 customer or mac id can be active at any given time for ur a/c.

5)I think if you devise a way of converting ur desktop into a sort of proxy server (meaning all the internet requests from ur notebook goes "via" ur "desktop" to the system, encryption, decryption and all, and vice versa (receives "via" ur desktop too)) then it should work in theory
since ur notebook will be sending and receiving requests from ur desktop only. but then you will not have a unique internet ip address for your notebook.

try installing a cheap linux proxy server. (even a cheap Pentium1 m/c without monitor) in ur home system.

I have tried with a 4 port gateway/router where the mac id is spoofed, but it does not work in cyberoam. my isp is in2cable. and i use my own cable modem.

hence have given up (since my knowledge of software programming is very limited) and have bought 2 connections from the isp. will change the isp once i get a suitable alternative in my building.

i have set up wireless network on asianet which uses 24online. just install the client to eachmachine and login from there. or you can use the web client, so that no installation is required.

Back