Wireless adsl router

Need to buy a adsl modem with built in wireless router and 4 ethernet ports....budget 2-2.5k INR

called up a shop to inquire what models they have....

DLINK DSL 2640T 2k INR
Linksys WAG 200G 2.8k INR

Which one do you suggest ppl....Siemens also available here in market, but dont know if there is one in my budger

NoName01 said:
Need to buy a adsl modem with built in wireless router and 4 ethernet ports....budget 2-2.5k INR

called up a shop to inquire what models they have....

DLINK DSL 2640T 2k INR

Linksys WAG 200G 2.8k INR

Which one do you suggest ppl....Siemens also available here in market, but dont know if there is one in my budger

The DLink has Wifi as well? plz confirm. else thats heap for the combo :O

Buffalo has good quality routers. the combo model is 3.2k

Party Monger said:
If you can get it sumhow from someone having bsnl, they hav adsl +wifi routers at 1800..Any broadband customer can get it for you..

Yeah, but those are Hwawei ones? You can imagine both the range and signal quality of those ;) Buffalo and linksys etc will be better. + hes getting it in the UAE, so ll prob b cheaper ;)

Party Monger said:
If you can get it sumhow from someone having bsnl, they hav adsl +wifi routers at 1800..Any broadband customer can get it for you..

if we buy it from BSNL, we also have to pay Installation charges of Rs.250/-

Ok missed out the UAE part..

No i dont think he would hav to pay anything..Just ask soem friend to go and say I want to buy a new modem..Atleast thats how soemi know got 2modems..

And they are pretty happy with it..

And these days they give UTstarcom ones which are way better..

Leave out the BSNL stuff...I want to buy a new one by next week or so...now any one please suggest some model or comment on the 2 models in post 1

Go for the WAG200G. I'm using that currently, and have absolutely no problems with it. Was a breeze to set it up, and the connection is rock-solid, with torrents running and wireless clients connected. Good deal. Can't comment on the D-Link since I'm not familiar with that model.

the modems which bsnl and mtnl r selling ( type 3-4 ) are mostly Broadcom chipsets with gr8 VFM , good wifi range , plus u get the 4 port switching capabilty and a hell lot of functionality with admin console

Back